Its Hot!

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
The local weatherman said that most of my area is under an extreme heat warning because the heat index is 105 or greater. The county I live in is not because the heat index is only 101. What a joke!

Sure is hot this year.

EDIT: So hot, I put this in the wrong place! Will someone kindly move this to Off Topic please?

Bozozoid

I remember as a kid some summer days could be 103 to 106!. That's when I asked mom for money to go to the swimming pool. I couldn't go in the deep unless I swam the pool. I was scared. I remember a friend (ya right) telling me that if I didn't swim the pool to show the lifeguards I could be in the deep he was going to kick my ass. I was more scared of HIM because he was tough..my fear of HIM caused me to swim the pool..fear can be a good thing...sometimes.

We're going up to 99º here on Friday, which sounds positively delightful compared to the 116º we had a month ago. That was a bit surreal—standing in the shade it felt oppressive, but then stepping into direct sunlight felt like getting pushed in the chest.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Man...im with you!. In the Midwest winters can be simply brutal. Farm! Animals die. I'll wipe the sweat off over having frost bitten fingers..ears or cheeks. Winter depresses me BAD.
I'm 2 states south. Our winters are usually rainy and high 30s low 40s. This past winter was so cold we had to get supplemental heating. It was almost 0 at one point. That dont really happen here. It was horribly cold.

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

yep...have been out in it this week at band camp. 14 hour days. 90ºF; 90% humidity...110ish on the field...brutal. The kids have been monsters in it though. Pretty tough!!!

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Man...im with you!. In the Midwest winters can be simply brutal. Farm! Animals die. I'll wipe the sweat off over having frost bitten fingers..ears or cheeks. Winter depresses me BAD.

I am the opposite....I freaking HATE the heat. Really, anything over 65ºF is too hot for me. The only thing that gets me out in it is band camp (drumming!!!)

I get seasonal depression from May to Nov. There is nothing more depressing and deflating to me than opening up the door and walking into an oppressive wall of heat and humidity...sucks the life out of me...

will be retiring to upstate Michigan when it is time...snow, snow snow!!!

Bozozoid

I'm 2 states south. Our winters are usually rainy and high 30s low 40s. This past winter was so cold we had to get supplemental heating. It was almost 0 at one point. That dont really happen here. It was horribly cold.
I remember many days when 10 below zero was the (high). The streets have that whitish Hugh it's so cold. Then I see rabbits up and down the alley chewing weeds. Damn!.

NouveauCliche

The local weatherman said that most of my area is under an extreme heat warning because the heat index is 105 or greater. The county I live in is not because the heat index is only 101. What a joke!

Sure is hot this year.

EDIT: So hot, I put this in the wrong place! Will someone kindly move this to Off Topic please?

Our area down here in New Mexico is running about 10 degrees hotter than usual this year - last year we put in refrigerated air so our timing was perfect.

I've been doing a lot of traveling recently though and hitting temps in the desert of like 115 etc...so coming back to 100 isn't the worst thing depite it being warmer than normal.

Me and heat don't mix though...I hate, hate, hate it haha. I grew up in Colorado so I'm a shorts in the snow kind of guy.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
It hasn't been too hard of a summer heat-wise here near Phila. In fact I couldn't believe how mild it was some of the July days. Today is comfortable. It's usually not comfortable in July and August here. If you asked me, I'd say we had a mild year. Mild Winter, full length mild Spring, and IMO, a mild summer so far with a few hot days.

wraub

I dislike extreme heat, so it's very good I live where it regularly gets to 115-120F in the summers. Thanks, mom. :D

I lived for almost a decade where snow was common... I'll take the heat. There's no shoveling the heat. Also, there's air conditioning here, no contest.

ToneT

Sure is hot this year.

Keep yourself hydrated. Not booze if you're outdoors! Not being rude.