It's (almost) Official: They Don't Exist!

MikeM

Platinum Member
A Zildjian 21" Medium Rides less than 30 years old, that is.

I've never heard of one of these cymbals before but I've always liked the 21" size. There was an A Custom 21" Medium Ride that I had but hated it. I had a 20" and later a 22" A Medium Ride and liked them both, so a 21" would be dreamy, or possibly something close to that...

Anyway. Along comes eBay and I've not only spotted two or these rarities in the last several months, but also bid on them. Not just bid on them, but actually won them. The first guy never sent it, so after a month and using the eBay buyer protection, I got my money back.

Then came the second one. I won it June 17 and I still haven't seen it (after I paid for expedited shipping). I have a case against the seller opened and if I don't see a cymbal by Monday, I'll get my money back from that, too. The seller hasn't responded to my latest attempt to email him to find out what's going on, so I'm left to conclude that:

Just like flying pigs and unicorns, 21" A Zildjian Medium Rides don't exist!

Sorry to hear of your woes, man. That's very disheartening. Did you see if the sellers had other auctions for things like bigfoot toenail clippings or steering wheels from U.F.O.s?
LOL! Now that you mention it, I think he was unloading some other similar oddities. Dang, I really should check these sellers a little closer next time.

Back