Its a Merry Paiste Christmas for me....

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
The one place I could share my excitement knowing that those that read this thread will understand exactly why I'm so stoked right now. I replaced my complete set of Dream Bliss cymbals with a nice set of Paiste 2002s. 24 ride, 18 crash, 18 med crash, 20 crash and 15 SE hats. They sound great with the new Mapex MyDentity kit (big shells /maple). Can't wait to get this setup on stage in the spring. Been over 15 years since I've been on stage. The guys I'm playing with right now have great talent and have been kind enough to let me tag along. Its an all original band and once we get some tunes recorded I'm posting for input. Thanks for letting me share. They look much better live, so so camera.

Attachments

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
Thanks guys. I just spent the last 2 hours just playing and digging the sound. @Wildbill, I practice down the shore once a week where I have a spare Ddrum kit, the Bliss will go down the shore for that session. Most of my practice is done right in my office so the Paiste will only get moved for gigs.

slowrocker

Silver Member
Btw I love the placement of the 20" crash. I am really thinking about getting two new crashes and another ride and set the other ride like that. Are those 2002s versatile?

gr82bagn

Pioneer Member
@slowrocker, thanks, the 20 is bright with a quick decay coming off a heavy floor tom fill. I can easily see playing these cymbals in a funk, rock, metal, pop and blues environment. I'm not sure they would do well in a jazz environment. Then again thats just my opinion. When I go into the ride soft it holds a strong ping with very little wash. Lean into it a little more and she explodes beatifully, downright bright for a 24 ride. I hope I'm describing it right. I'm not good with musical descriptions when it comes to how a cymbal sounds. Anyway, I've always loved Paiste and after not playing them for over 15 years I'm glad I'm back.

cornelius

Silver Member
It's always nice when Santa swings by Switzerland...

That's a great set-up - good luck with the new gig, have fun with the 2002s...

slowrocker

Silver Member
@slowrocker, thanks, the 20 is bright with a quick decay coming off a heavy floor tom fill. I can easily see playing these cymbals in a funk, rock, metal, pop and blues environment. I'm not sure they would do well in a jazz environment. Then again thats just my opinion. When I go into the ride soft it holds a strong ping with very little wash. Lean into it a little more and she explodes beatifully, downright bright for a 24 ride. I hope I'm describing it right. I'm not good with musical descriptions when it comes to how a cymbal sounds. Anyway, I've always loved Paiste and after not playing them for over 15 years I'm glad I'm back.
Cool, I will definitely look into the 2002's when I am getting new cymbals. I don't know about a 24'' ride though, I have a 21" and it is nice, but just seems to ring out forever which is nice sometimes but sometimes drives me crazy. I haven't really though about a 20" crash but that does sound like a nice cymbal. I will have to look at those.

Taye-Dyed

Enjoy your 2002s gr82bagn. I certainly love mine. It looks like you put together a great set of Paistes.

steverok

Silver Member
Sweet. 2002's are the prettiest cymbals. Yeah, they're bright, but in a very sweet way. Very musical, very beautiful pies.