ISTANBUL MEHMET ANNIVERSARY

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Hey all !

I'm in a pickle , I've just sold all my Murat Diril Mosaic line in order to purchase a new set . I've settled on a used nostalgia 22" 70's sizzle ride and 61st anniversary vintage hats 14"

I feel this ride has a nice ping but also a very nice spread especially with the rivets ( the Murat Diril had little spread ) These hats are smooth but won't get lost in any mix . But my left hand crash ride , well .. I'm lost .

I play everything from jazz to pop to rock to Latin and hip hop so I'm looking for versatility and it will mostly be used as a crash ..
I'm stuck between -
Nostalgia 50's 20" sizzle
Turk jazz 20" light with rivets
Anniversary 61 vintage 20" with rivets

Anyone have any of these in their set up and can vouch on their crash ability ? The Mehmet website doesn't say how the anniversary vintage and Turk differ .. I'm leaning towards the 50's nostalgia but I also really do like having some darkness in my set up !

Thanks in advance drummers 🔥

Gottliver

Can’t speak to the rest, but I do have a Turk Jazz Ride 20 without rivets. Crashes very well. I think rivets would defeat the purpose of this ride. Mine is dry with a medium pitched ping, but it does have a nice controlled wash. The crash is trashy, controlled and decays quickly. It’s a fun ride.

Funky Crêpe

Silver Member
Can’t speak to the rest, but I do have a Turk Jazz Ride 20 without rivets. Crashes very well. I think rivets would defeat the purpose of this ride. Mine is dry with a medium pitched ping, but it does have a nice controlled wash. The crash is trashy, controlled and decays quickly. It’s a fun ride.
Thanks for the input :) I like those dark crash/rides