Istanbul Agop Xist.....anyone use them?

Darth Vater

I've listened to both the 21" ride and the 14" hats and they sound pretty nice. Was wondering if anyone was currently using either of these. Any comments appreciated. Or any advice on some good mid range priced cymbals too.

Bonzo_CR

Silver Member
I don't use them myself, but I have played them and I think they are among the best value on the market.
They sound to me a lot like Zildjian A's but cost much less.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I liked the 21" Xist ride so much that I got 3 of them. One for each of the 2 sets I keep set up and one for my cased up gig kit. They have a nice combination of wash and ping, like 50/50. Istanbuls have the best bells I've heard so far, plus the crash sound is really nice. It's completely useable with zero gonginess or clang.

Great value. I'm not as crazy about the crashes. They are not bad but I've heard better. (not in the budget lines) Certainly the best sounding budget cymbals from all the offerings, my opinion only. But the rides? I really like their rides.

I second the Zildjian "A" sound.

I have no experience with the hats.

moneydog59

I've got a pair of the 15" hi hats. They are solid, and do agree, remind me of Zildjian. Maybe a hair less "brighter" than the New Beats. They've been relegated to the storage cymbal bag due to GAS and my fascination with the Sabian HHX lineup. Let me know if you'd be interested in them.

Last edited:

johnwesley

Silver Member
They are excellent. Buddy of mine owns a drum shop and I've played them a lot. I own a 16" Xist Ion and will never let it go. Only reason I don't have other Xist is because I invested previously in in Ks.

Peedy

I own a 16 thin crash. Used it one time. A buddy of mine has it currently as it just didn’t fit in with my vintage A. Zildjians. Should also note that his sound guy didn’t care for it so it’s headed back my way soon as Almighty Covid allows.

Darth Vater

I liked the 21" Xist ride so much that I got 3 of them. One for each of the 2 sets I keep set up and one for my cased up gig kit. They have a nice combination of wash and ping, like 50/50. Istanbuls have the best bells I've heard so far, plus the crash sound is really nice. It's completely useable with zero gonginess or clang.
I have a deal cooking for a couple K dark custom crashes so I won't need any Agop crashes. I appreciate your opinion on the ride though. I sat through a comparo video of rides w/ my eyes closed and kept coming back the Xist ride. I'm not looking to blow the budget on this 2nd set of cymbals that I'll be using for my Saturn V kit. You can't beat their pricing. That's for sure.

I've got a pair of the 15" hi hats. They are solid, and do agree, remind me of Zildjian. Maybe a hair less "brighter" than the New Beats. They've been relegated to the storage cymbal bag due to GAS and my fascination with the Sabian HHX lineup. Let me know if you'd be interested in them.
Yo MoneyDog !! I sent you a direct msg. ;)