Is Zildjian discontinuing the ZHT Line?

vyacheslav

I can't find anything in my research, but every online retailer and Guitar Center is discounting these as "Clearance".

I don't care much for the ZHT's, although I like the sound of the 8" and 10" China splashes.

Just wondering. Thanks.

V

KamaK

Platinum Member
With Zildjian ZHTs competing in the same price range as with Sabian XS20s and SR2 (and to some extent Paiste Alpha), it is no surprise that they're tanking. I cannot imagine why anyone would purchase a ZHT cymbal given the other options.

vyacheslav

I agree. The XS 20's and SR2's are light years better than ZHT's. Paiste Alpha's are an anomaly to me. They are supposed "mid-price" cymbals, but are priced about the same as Zildjian A's and Sabian AA's. as well as all the Dream stuff. I never understood that. Would you rather have a Paiste Alpha or a Zildjian A of the same size? To me the Paiste PST 7's are more in line with the XS 20's and ZHT's as far as price and sound.

I would have to assume that they (ZHT's) are either going to be discontinued or redesigned, based on the recent clearance prices from retailers.

BacteriumFendYoke

Platinum Member
I agree. The XS 20's and SR2's are light years better than ZHT's. Paiste Alpha's are an anomaly to me. They are supposed "mid-price" cymbals, but are priced about the same as Zildjian A's and Sabian AA's. as well as all the Dream stuff. I never understood that. Would you rather have a Paiste Alpha or a Zildjian A of the same size? To me the Paiste PST 7's are more in line with the XS 20's and ZHT's as far as price and sound.

I would have to assume that they (ZHT's) are either going to be discontinued or redesigned, based on the recent clearance prices from retailers.
In terms of the Paiste pricing, it's to do with the fact that they're manufactured on another continent (Europe) and have to be imported to the US and the associated shipping and import costs.

TrippyTroll

I think its likely. When my ZHT 18" EFX broke, they told me they were discontinuing that line, so i got an A Custom 18" EFX, which i just cant seem to be mad about :)

vyacheslav

I emailed Zildjian before Christmas about this. I posed my question along the lines of "If you can't confirm one way or the other or prefer to answer "No Comment", I will respect your company's private information". I have not yet heard back. Stay tuned.