Is this wrong !

mxo721

I have a 16" sabian thin crash....I and I crashes it...and I ride it, and I crash ride it..and I ride the bell....and the 20" ping ride, just sits over there and watches.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Why would that be wrong? If it gives you the sound you're looking for, then by all means. I take it the ping ride is probably too heavy for what you want? I've had cymbals like that and I've gotten rid of them. All of my cymbals need to be thin enough to crash and thick enough to ride. I feel ripped off if it only does one thing good ;)

mxo721

thanks Bo, I had just walked away form the kit when i wrote that...it was kind of " love talk" ya know. I just really surprised how much I get out of this cymbal I bought really cheap. I only been playing year now, and I'm starting to " hear " what I like...also just bought a 13" x 6" black panther snare..........sigh

drummerman42

I have a 16" sabian thin crash....I and I crashes it...and I ride it, and I crash ride it..and I ride the bell....and the 20" ping ride, just sits over there and watches.
There are no rules on how to play cymbals!!! Simon Phillips rides his china types!!!!

DrumEatDrum

Platinum Member
There are no rules on how to play cymbals!!! Simon Phillips rides his china types!!!!
China were originally used by western drummers as rides.

It wasn't until the 70's that chinas became more often used as crashes.

See Zutty Singleton, famed 1920's drummer, riding a china