Is this worth it? sonor

JTH

Ive been offered a sonor force 1007 in natural for £150 also with cymbals do you guys think i should go for this or leave it? :) also it has hardly been used only for a few days then the person stopped drumming lol :) also i currently have a pearl forum fz in black i was thinking this kit as a gigging one :)

I would definitely get it...I just bought their new bop kit which essentially comes from their 1000 series...They're basswood shells but they sound very nice. Sonor rules!

Ok dude thanks! do you have a video of yours? i wanna hear it :D i should have it next week or another when i get it ill post pics :D

dudes :D u know the sonor would u say it is better then a pearl forum ? also should i use it as my giging kit? :D

Ive been offered a sonor force 1007 in natural for £150 also with cymbals do you guys think i should go for this or leave it? :) also it has hardly been used only for a few days then the person stopped drumming lol :) also i currently have a pearl forum fz in black i was thinking this kit as a gigging one :)

The 1007 isn't a significant upgrade from the Forum, but it's easily worth £300 in the condition you describe. If I had £150 going spare, I'd take it as a 'project kit' or a gigging kit and modify it or something similar. If the cymbals are any significant brand name, you could sell those and make most of the money back.

The 1007 series has very solid build quality and decent shells. They're not high-end by any means, but they're a very good kit and one of the best 'basic' kits on the market. I have recommended the even-lower end 507 series before as a low end kit and the 1007 is an upgrade from there. For £150, I'd be all over it. I do think the Sonor kit is better than the Pearl. Both have decent shells, but the Sonor has more practical hardware.

The 1007 isn't a significant upgrade from the Forum, but it's easily worth £300 in the condition you describe. If I had £150 going spare, I'd take it as a 'project kit' or a gigging kit and modify it or something similar. If the cymbals are any significant brand name, you could sell those and make most of the money back.

The 1007 series has very solid build quality and decent shells. They're not high-end by any means, but they're a very good kit and one of the best 'basic' kits on the market. I have recommended the even-lower end 507 series before as a low end kit and the 1007 is an upgrade from there. For £150, I'd be all over it. I do think the Sonor kit is better than the Pearl. Both have decent shells, but the Sonor has more practical hardware.

ok dude :D well like i should be going to view it next week and have a go on it before i buy ^^ thank you all for the help your all awesome :)

No problem. I like all Sonor kits. I think their quality control is some of the best even in the lower end. I've heard of very few issues. I would love a 1007 Series to tinker with, but I already have three kits and one of those is my 'tinker' set - an old 1980s Pearl Export. I'd actually use the Forum as your beater kit and keep the 1007 at home.

To be honest, I'm not sold on high-end drums. I would love an expensive set of drums, but I took my modified Pearl into a decent recording studio yesterday for a session and it sounded really great. My snare is a low-end, heavily modified Tamburo Ash snare and it sounded great and did on the last session I did a few months ago. Cymbals are a different matter, but I think you can go a very long way with lower end kits.

No problem. I like all Sonor kits. I think their quality control is some of the best even in the lower end. I've heard of very few issues. I would love a 1007 Series to tinker with, but I already have three kits and one of those is my 'tinker' set - an old 1980s Pearl Export. I'd actually use the Forum as your beater kit and keep the 1007 at home.

To be honest, I'm not sold on high-end drums. I would love an expensive set of drums, but I took my modified Pearl into a decent recording studio yesterday for a session and it sounded really great. My snare is a low-end, heavily modified Tamburo Ash snare and it sounded great and did on the last session I did a few months ago. Cymbals are a different matter, but I think you can go a very long way with lower end kits.

^^ same about the high end drums there awesome but some of the lower end sounds asgood as them and sometimes better lol , also at the moment im having some trouble with my pearl forum i cant get the sound out of it no matter how much i try to tune to a good sound i always get buzzing or it sounding not right im starting to think i should try some other heads currently using remo pinstripes :)

yeah lol :) well like i pratice about 1-3 hours a day and weekends sometimes up for 5-6 hours i just love drumming ^^ lol

Just make sure you're learning all those other social skills, like how to talk to people, meeting girls, that kind of thing. Or you'll just end up, weird ;)

^^ same about the high end drums there awesome but some of the lower end sounds asgood as them and sometimes better lol , also at the moment im having some trouble with my pearl forum i cant get the sound out of it no matter how much i try to tune to a good sound i always get buzzing or it sounding not right im starting to think i should try some other heads currently using remo pinstripes :)

Pinstripes are quite dead. There are a lot of threads on tuning around here so check those out.

Just make sure you're learning all those other social skills, like how to talk to people, meeting girls, that kind of thing. Or you'll just end up, weird ;)

Yes, of course we are upstanding, fantastic examples of human kind...

+1 and if your still in school dont let your grades suffer (homework) becuase you want to play drums..

Back