Is this a good deal?

Sounds smart.

I bought my house for 250k 3 years ago.

its worth i imagine near 400k (according to zillow). This does not take in fact the new flooring and paint throughout the house, the new kitchen and bathroom cabinets, or the finished basement.

yeah...we got a STEAL on the place we live in now...it is almost ridiculous really. It is a townhouse type thing. We are owning, while most around us are leasing or renting...we paid 90k for it in 2010, and it is now worth almost 250k....for a freaking little townhouse; 3 floors/finished basemen...probably about 1600sq ft...maaaaybe 90 sq ft of yard. We only just recently started doing major work on it...roof last year; floors and upstairs bathroom this year...new water heater 3 years ago....

we are just about 2 years out from paying it off...

We have an HELOC open currently...strictly for home renovations. I wouldn't use ours to buy stuff like drums because that's just incurring debt with no monetary return on it. We bought a fixer upper for a great price in a very pricey neighborhood way before the market heated up again. We now have a ton of equity and will leverage it to increase the house value even further beyond what we invest in it. (an electrician is here as I type...rewiring our partially gutted living room) You have to be careful of what you choose to do to a house though. Some things don't raise the value as much as others...some things don't raise the value at all. Renovate wisely.

Anywho...what's the verdict on the drums??

We have an HELOC open currently...strictly for home renovations. I wouldn't use ours to buy stuff like drums because that's just incurring debt with no monetary return on it. We bought a fixer upper for a great price in a very pricey neighborhood way before the market heated up again. We now have a ton of equity and will leverage it to increase the house value even further beyond what we invest in it. You have to be careful of what you choose to do to a house though. Some things don't raise the value as much as others...some things don't raise the value at all. Renovate wisely.

Anywho...what's the verdict on the drums??
Yea, like I mentioned before, I'd like a patio and a fence. but i'll more than likely save up and cash flow this for next summer. I've spent 8 months renovating my house since last august already and I need a break from projects once the basement is done.

As for the drums. It's probably a no go. I honestly don't need another drum set. If i end up selling one, then sure? At this point, I don't even have a band going right now, I'm too tied up with trying to finish my basement and nail down some lingering debts and building up my savings.

Yea, like I mentioned before, I'd like a patio and a fence. but i'll more than likely save up and cash flow this for next summer. I've spent 8 months renovating my house since last august already and I need a break from projects once the basement is done.

As for the drums. It's probably a no go. I honestly don't need another drum set. If i end up selling one, then sure? At this point, I don't even have a band going right now, I'm too tied up with trying to finish my basement and nail down some lingering debts and building up my savings.
I hear you on needing a break. Once our living room is done we plan to enjoy the summer and will reassess what's next. There's always something next with a fixer upper.

So this dude came back to my offer at 1700.

I think I might take it.

Is it a great deal? Not to me.

If I bought it, would I lose sleep over it? No.

I had my red sparkle downbeat kit on Craigslist, FB marketplace, and they sat in a local music store in the window in downtown with a tag on them for $1450. How many people acquired about the kit in the 3-4 months I had it for sale? One.

I took it back home, and I'm now enjoying it in my band rehearsal space.

I had my red sparkle downbeat kit on Craigslist, FB marketplace, and they sat in a local music store in the window in downtown with a tag on them for $1450. How many people acquired about the kit in the 3-4 months I had it for sale? One.

yea. at the end of the day, i don't really need another kit. I was just thinking it would be nice if a good deal came about.

I'm also looking at the gretsch brooklyn kit in the same configuration. I had a first gen renown maple and enjoyed that for a while.

alas, my funds have limitations.

This guy countered me $2300 for this. Not a bad deal? No snare.

This guy countered me $2300 for this. Not a bad deal? No snare.

Chris and the guys from Drum Shop ME are great to work with. I haven’t been following Gretsch prices lately, but that’s a decent reduction in price over what they have em listed for.

that might have been a sign...it was not supposed to leave "home"

Back