Is there such a thing as a dry ping ride?

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I agree with @toddbishop about a flat ride. I have the first generation K Custom 20" and K Custom Dry 20", before they said "Ride", and they would both fit the bill nicely.20200413_132624_copy_1008x490.jpg20180620_180452_copy_756x1008.jpg

Last edited:

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
20" Sabian Pro. All it does is ping. Total one trick pony. Only B8 but it has zero wash. Drill some holes in it, you have your monster ping dry ride. They can be had for less than a bill.

Morrisman

Platinum Member
Another vote for the K Custom Ride. Mine’s heavy enough to use as a barbecue hotplate. Unlathed, deep hammering, lots of ping, very little wash. I don’t use it much any more.

Reactions: iCe

roncadillac

You need yourself an Earth ride. I regret selling mine incredibly. It's super loud, super pingy, has one of the nicest bells I've ever heard, and is dry as a bone. It's a one trick pony though... You only get 'bell', 'ping', and a gong like sound when crashed.

I'm currently playing a Zildjian uptown ride. It's very dry and pretty darn pingy for an 18" but depending on your setting it may not be loud enough.

KamaK

Platinum Member
I agree with the K Custom comments and recommendations.

Didn't Sabian or Paiste make a blue colored Stewart Coppeland signature ride for a bit that also fit the OP's profile?

Al Strange

to me this is the pingiest,dry ride on the planet.
And just listen to any tool song, the defined ping of his very jazz influenced ride patterns is incredible.
I wasn’t overly familiar with Tool and was all set to go on a blue bell (I’m a Copeland disciple) but saw Tommy Aldridge playing a Monad in his live set up which made me think twice...Danny Carey is incredible! :cool: (y)

Winston_Wolf

Platinum Member
I wasn’t overly familiar with Tool and was all set to go on a blue bell (I’m a Copeland disciple) but saw Tommy Aldridge playing a Monad in his live set up which made me think twice...Danny Carey is incredible! :cool: (y)
I think the Dry Heavy Ride is the best-sounding ride in the Signature line. I just wish they'd offer the non-purple, non-signature version again. I was glad they brought that model back, but I don't care for Colorsound cymbals...