Is there a secret to a no wobble throne?

MusiQmaN

Platinum Member
No woble on my hydraulic Nitro Roc N Soc either.

It swivels, but that is a good thing as it makes that the clamp doesn’t get loosened over time, and makes for a proper posture when going over the kit.

Attachments

• 0B60AA41-BD48-452A-AB89-6BF85E1CD6DA.jpeg
    0B60AA41-BD48-452A-AB89-6BF85E1CD6DA.jpeg
    237.9 KB · Views: 2

wraub

Non hydraulic, Gibraltar Roc n Soc moto. Zero wobble, slight swivel. Good.
1614091259113.png

Justinhub2003

I own a DW 9000 Airlift throne and a hydraulic RocNSoc both are incredibly stable.

The DW has a little bounce to it which I like. Kinda feels like I’m super stable but flowing with the song.

No issues with the RnS but the DW does seem to like to lower on its own in cold conditions in my garage when my electronic kit is. And the wide 4 leg base is tough for small spaces

organworthyplayer337

I feel like I can relate. I like to refer to myself as "fastening challenged". I can never properly tighten or fasten anything. From drum thrones, to mic stands, to whatever else. Don't know what I am missing. There has to be a secret lol :unsure:

roncadillac

My Tama 1st chair round rider xl, with it's wider footprint, thicker middle tube, larger baseplate, larger feet, and thicker and wider seat top certainly doesn't wobble, even after two years of my 6' 220lb self gigging it and throwing it in my car's trunk. However... It cost me like $180 at the time and I'm pretty sure is over $200 now.

Last edited:

BonsaiMagpie

I don't mind telling you at 350lbs, all damn thrones wobble. The trick is finding one which won't break :D
I used to have a generic Gibraltar, it wobbled and then it broke, and the base did not match any other tops I could find, I couldn't find the replacement cast iron part, so I donated the base to a local studio.
My Tama 1st wobbles, and I've just bought a Yamaha DS950, which I've yet to test properly, but unless you tighten it like a titan, it wobbles.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I feel like I can relate. I like to refer to myself as "fastening challenged". I can never properly tighten or fasten anything. From drum thrones, to mic stands, to whatever else. Don't know what I am missing. There has to be a secret lol :unsure:
Use your sticks for extra leverage. With the sticks parallel, you can put wingnuts between them and turn. It's easy to over do so be careful, but is more convenient than the pair of pliers that was forgotten in the car.