Is the Yamaha Manu Katche Hipgig still in production?

charliedrummer

I've been looking for a compact kit and have been weighing the various options such as the Sonor Safari, Tama Metro Jam, etc. I'd like to explore the Yamaha Manu Katche Hipgig Jr. as well but am having a hard time tracking one down. Some of the online retailers that used to carry this kit no longer have it listed. This is leading me to wonder whether they've been phased out by Yamaha. Does anyone know if the Hipgig Jr. is still in production?

Im pretty sure it is, probably special order though, I have one for sale if you are still looking, PM me if interested, thanks

I read this posted by a Yamaha Rep. on another forum, sounds like they have been discontinued?

"We still have a few of the Manu Katche Jr. kits left in stock. 16x16 BD, 10x6 Tom, 13x12 FT complete with hardware and throne. We've been doing a deal to dealers, let me know who you have that's close that's a Yamaha dealer and I'll set up the deal. These are great kits, lacquer finish, we still have Solid Black and Metallic Silver left."

I read this posted by a Yamaha Rep. on another forum, sounds like they have been discontinued?

"We still have a few of the Manu Katche Jr. kits left in stock. 16x16 BD, 10x6 Tom, 13x12 FT complete with hardware and throne. We've been doing a deal to dealers, let me know who you have that's close that's a Yamaha dealer and I'll set up the deal. These are great kits, lacquer finish, we still have Solid Black and Metallic Silver left."

Can you link me to the site where you found this? I'd like to investigate it further. Thanks!

Back