....Is MG1127 actually Marcus Gilmore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldskoolsoul

Silver Member
..Now discredited bc he apparently isn't who we said he was?..

To me not…

To me discredited, because he actually signed one of those replies as being Marcus Gilmore, just like he was pretending to be on tour at the other side of the globe as being Marcus Gilmore, just like he brought up his Chick Corea connection…

That was not ‘we’, that was all ‘him’…

But still, like i said before, i respect the original member, despite this little mistake…..and the thread-value stays the same, regardless who wrote all that…

Everyone probably made something stupid in their life, no need to completely bash someone because of something like this…

MG1127

To me not…

To me discredited, because he actually signed one of those replies as being Marcus Gilmore, just like he was pretending to be on tour at the other side of the globe as being Marcus Gilmore, just like he brought up his Chick Corea connection…

That was not ‘we’, that was all ‘him’…

But still, like i said before, i respect the original member, despite this little mistake…..and the thread-value stays the same, regardless who wrote all that…

Everyone probably made something stupid in their life, no need to completely bash someone because of something like this…
1. I never one time claimed to be Marcus Gilmore and I have no idea where any of that came from.

2. I actually was on tour in a different country. Many countries actually.

3. I have worked many times with Chick , I knew him quite well and learned many things from him.

4. My initials are MG

Seems like you all ran with something that was based on nothing

Entertaining though, and that's what it's all about I guess.

Keep your 1/4 note swingin' y'all

Joffry

1. I never one time claimed to be Marcus Gilmore and I have no idea where any of that came from.

2. I actually was on tour in a different country. Many countries actually.

3. I have worked many times with Chick , I knew him quite well and learned many things from him.

4. My initials are MG

Seems like you all ran with something that was based on nothing

Entertaining though, and that's what it's all about I guess.

Keep your 1/4 note swingin' y'all
yea I think people made that assumption based on the fact that A: your profile pic is Marcus Gilmore . B: your initials are MG. C: you’ve worked with chick Corea. D: your advice is really good.

I don’t think that assumption is terribly far fetched based on those facts lol…

Well regardless of who you really are, you’ve given a lot of great advice on this forum and I can’t help but thank you for your guidance.

Stroman

Platinum Member
I'm not following what you're implying. To me it's completely settled.
Poster still never speaks plainly.

Never says 'I am not Marcus Gilmore.'

Says he was touring in many countries, instead of saying 'I was touring with XYZ band in XYZ countries.'

Says he worked with Chick and learned a lot. Never says he played drums with Chick, on what albums or tours, etc. For all I know, working with Chick might mean sweeping up the studio and fixing the toilet.

Initials are MG. Okay, I guess so, since everything else has been clear and forthcoming.

I've never cared whether it was Marcus, but I've always been put off by the cagey, cooler-than-thou style of this kind of poster.

So yeah, still clear as mud to me.

opentune

Platinum Member
Dave Weckl played with Chick Corea, maybe its him,lol.
Doesn't matter, I enjoyed the thread.
That said I thought we were not supposed to have thread titles that call out members, like: "did Member X get banned?"

Stroman

Platinum Member
Dave Weckl played with Chick Corea, maybe its him,lol.
Doesn't matter, I enjoyed the thread.
That said I thought we were not supposed to have thread titles that call out members, like: "did Member X get banned?"
My understanding was that we aren't supposed to challenge moderator decisions publicly. Ask in PMs.

I don't recall any rules about just mentioning members, but it's been awhile since I read the rules thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies.