is cowbell's really that worth it to have?

C.M. Jones

Though I don't have one in my setup, I have used cowbells on occasion in studio settings. (Most reputable studios have an assortment of props on hand.) As for gigging, I wouldn't use a cowbell often enough (if ever) to justify making it a mainstay in my arsenal. Those familiar with my history of posts are well versed in my minimalistic gear tendencies.

Last edited:

felonious69

I even gave ROX (8) a new cute lil cowbell to go along with the Tama snare I just gave her!
There is a reason that the phrase "More Cowbell" is a thing of importance!
And it's NOT because Christopher Walken used to be involved with Blue Oyster Cult When Will Farrell was the cowbell-ist

felonious69

People who don't like cowbell tend to be distant/isolationist type people...Lack-Close Intolerant (Sorry)

beatdat

What, no poll?

Yes, a cowbell's really worth having.

The colour may be too much for some, but the LP Chad Smith model is great for rock and has the best cowbell clamp I've seen.

Ronzo

What, no poll?

Yes, a cowbell's really worth having.

The colour may be too much for some, but the LP Chad Smith model is great for rock and has the best cowbell clamp I've seen.
Yup...loving the LP Chad Smith. Will be moving it to the new shells. Personally I like the colour...red hot!
To answer your question...yes but whatever floats your boat.
beatdat is correct...best cowbell mount ever!2A6101FA-B714-438B-95D4-53CA8225C620.jpeg

Reactions: TJK

DrumDoug

I would buy one. You never know when you will need it. I used my for a while, then bands and set lists changed and I didn’t use it for years. Now I use it for several songs in two of my bands.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Though I don't have one in my setup, I have used cowbells on occasion in studio settings. (Most reputable studios have an assortment of props on hand.) As for gigging, I wouldn't use a cowbell often enough (if ever) to justify making it a mainstay in my arsenal. Those familiar with my history of posts are well versed in my minimalistic tendencies in relation to gear.
See I don't get this.

You play predominantly Country music if I'm not mistaken. If I am mistaken then nevermind.

Country music and Cowboys...in my mind go hand in hand.

Cowboy, cowbell, see the association I'm making?

To simplify this thought, in my mind a cowbell should seem right at home in Country music. It doesn't get much more Country than cows lol

I will say this about the cowbell. It draws females to the dance floor like like a magnet attracts iron filings

ottog1979

I absolutely HATE the same old joke (Yes, THAT one referenced above - a long-dead horse with people still beating). But, I do use a cowbell as 3-4 songs out of a typical 40 in my cover band need it. I use it for one song in my originals band.

wraub

I currently have four cowbells, mainly because I just got three in a package deal.

My first one I found lying on a sidewalk in Brooklyn, right next to the beater stick, as if placed for one such as me to find.
It's name is Chino, because that's what's written on it in marker.

Justinhub2003

They are so cheap that it’s really just a why not.