INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

I guess I never did this thing even though I've been a member since 2005... Ah well. I have some spare time, why not :D

Real name? Marius Paulsberg Vedal
Age? 37
How long have you been playing? Since about 1992 when I joined the school marching band. Drumset a year or two after that (joined my first "real" band in 1997).
Origin of user name? My last name before I got married was Pettersen (took my mothers last name instead and added my wife's last name as a middle name), and when I lived in Spain I kind of got a bit of a spanish vibe on that, so... Called myself this on a bunch of sites and mail adresses.
Your top 5 drummers? Eloy Casagrande, Alex Rüdinger, Tom Hunting, John Tempesta, Lars Ulrich (even though I draw no inspiration from him nowadays, he still was my biggest influence back in the day, it would be wrong to exclude him from my list even though I know there are plenty of drummers better than him).
Make of drumkit? Yamaha Live Custom Hybrid Oak
Make of cymbal? Paiste 2002, Rude and 900 series, and a couple of Meinl chinas/efx.
Where do you practice? At my guitarist place, 1 hour of driving from my house.
Are you in a band? Under The Oak
Do you play covers or originals?
Both. One, soon two albums out with originals, but we have about 20 covers we also rotate with at our gigs.
What style of music? Thrash/Heavy Metal, kind of a mix. Old school way. Sort of Judas Priest/Metal Church meets Exodus/Testament. That is as for my band though, I myself have been playing most styles except for jazz, country and latin/world music.
Favourite take out food? Thai or Chinese
What country do you live in? Norway
One really odd fact about yourself? My dayjob is making the fabric sheets for awnings, both with sewing machines and a glue machine. Might be a bit of a strange choice for a heavy metal drummer, I don't know...
How did you start drumming? Was always into music from an early age, and my father plays drums as well. Started in the marching band and only thing that seemed interesting to me was the drums. Soon after that I discovered Metallica, The Offspring and The Scorpions, and I kind of drew my path from there.

Last edited:
Hey peeps, I’m new to the forum. I just started playing again after a 35 year hiatus. Looking forward to being part of the community again!

Real name? Chris
Age? 47
How long have you been playing? A year since picking up the sticks again
Origin of user name? Nickname+badge number
Your top 5 drummers? Peart, McBrain, Collins, Rick Allen….you get 4
Make of drumkit? DW performance
Make of cymbal? Zildjan sweet k hat and crashes, mienl byzance brilliant 22 ride
Where do you practice? My basement
Are you in a band? Nope
Do you play covers or originals?covers but still doing practice drills mostly
What style of music? Rock, metal
Favourite take out food? Chipotle
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I’m Italian and French and I hate cheese
How did you start drumming? Banging on coffee cans when I was 5

Last edited:
Hi all. New here, but probably been playing for longer than most of ya'll been alive. (Been playing my Rogers since around 1970. It's probably a 1967)

Favorite (current) drummers: Gavin Harrison, Portnoy, Mangini, Weckl, Beauford, Minneman

Influences: Buddy Rich (saw him 2x. Held him up after a solo when he grabbed mine and a friends hand and just leaned backwards!). Mel Taylor (The Ventures/Wipeout). Sam Ulano (NYC teacher) Steve Luongo (Rat Race Choir. Probably influenced every east coast prog drummer). Weckl.

Drumkit: Blue Onyx Rogers Holiday. Have a 6-piece Cherry Burst Renown on order from Sweetwater. (3 more weeks!?). Also *kinda* have a DW Collectors (redwood burl) set in CA that I hope to get back here eventually (long, weird story). 10" silver sparkle side snare, purple Parton maple snare, Ash Burl Ddrums snare (and I think Ddrums are very underrated). I play Renowns and Ludwig classic maples at church.

Cymbals: K ride, a bunch of A crashes.

Play for a big church (Phil Wickham, Elevation, Hillsong/etc), and gig with a "horn rock" band (Chicago, Blues Bros/etc). Prefer to play funk.

Started drumming in 2nd grade when all the boys would play Wipeout on their desks. Eventually everyone but me stopped.

Odd fact about me: Tons. Most would be hard to believe. Like, I started a riot that made national news, talked my way out of a Tijuana jail, had my left arm almost cut off in a fight in 1987 (severed the radial nerve. Kind of amazing that I can still play)...and I've never eaten a PB & J.

Last edited:
One really odd fact about yourself? I’m Italian and French and I hate cheese
Wow GIF

(I also do not like cheese, but don't meet many others like me/us. Also, I'm American, so it's mainly a problem when I want to eat...well...Italian or French food.)

G'day , eh ? from Ottawa Ontario Canada .

" I left my home and family, I was no more than a boy ... " pretty close to my life , hauling a drumkit around the four corners of this great country .

I'm a law abiding citizen and generally tell the truth , never turn my back on anybody in need .

Currently behind 1974 black ( 3-ply} Slingerlands .22 13 16 . 20" Paiste 602 pre serial ride 18" Paiste Giant beat 17" Paiste 2002 crash 15" Giant beat hats Pearl piccolo stainless steel Free Floater ( great for brushes ). Lots of others, but always seem to drift back to the Slingies .

Main influences - Levon Helm Roy Haynes Jimmy Karstein George Rains Simon Kirke and others ," but the three that I admire most are the Father Son and Holy Ghost " ... Don McLean .

Pleased to make your acquaintance , folks !

... I'm a lefty too . Only on the drums .

Last edited:
G'day , eh ? from Ottawa Ontario Canada .

" I left my home and family, I was no more than a boy ... " pretty close to my life , hauling a drumkit around the four corners of this great country .

I'm a law abiding citizen and generally tell the truth , never turn my back on anybody in need .

Currently behind 1974 black ( 3-ply} Slingerlands .22 13 16 . 20" Paiste 602 pre serial ride 18" Paiste Giant beat 17" Paiste 2002 crash 15" Giant beat hats Pearl piccolo stainless steel Free Floater ( great for brushes ). Lots of others, but always seem to drift back to the Slingies .

Main influences - Levon Helm Roy Haynes Jimmy Karstein George Rains and many others too ," but the three that I admire most are the Father Son and Holy Ghost " ... D. MacLean .

Pleased to make your acquaintance , folks !

... I'm a lefty too . Only on the drums .
The "eh" I get but I can honestly say this is the first time I've heard "G'day" from a Canadian 😄 Welcome to the forum anyway!

Real name? Dana

Age? 50

How long have you been playing? 30 years

Origin of user name? Family nickname

Your top 5 drummers? Paul Motian, Steve gadd, Joey baron, Roy Haynes, Jack dejohnette

Make of drumkit? Canopus

Make of cymbal? Paul Francis (soon); manabu yamamoto; bosphorus

Where do you practice? Home

Are you in a band? Jazz gigs and sub on some backbeat stuff. Current album is here:

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? Jazz, groove

Favourite take out food? Indian

What country do you live in? USA

One really odd fact about yourself? Too many to list!

How did you start drumming? My uncle Todd had a kit. Then I heard KISS and was hooked

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster here.

Real name is Jonathan

I'm 47 and a recovering singer/songwriter with an almost 30 years career and a few albums under my proverbial belt, both in bands and as a solo artist. I've transitioned into a drummer a few years ago.

I hail from Montreal, Canada and I now pound tubs and sing in a cajun/country/swamp rock band made up of 5 lead singers, each playing instruments that aren't our primaries (hence me on drums).

I own 4 kits
1 - Rogers Holiday (early Fullerton) 12-13-16-20 and matching 14x5 in Red Onyx
2 - Gretsch Broadkaster (newer) 13-16-24 in Red Glass Glitter
3 - Sonor Vintage series 3-16-22 in Red Oyster
4 - ASBA Metal series 13-16-24 in brushed Stainless Steel

I own a few snares:
-The Rogers 14x5 Holiday
- A 14x6.5 135th anniv. Gretsch Broadkaster in Mahoganny ribbon (my main)
- A 6 lugs Raw Aluminum A&F
- A 10 lugs Acrolite

My cymbals are a mish mash of all sorts of things though I currently play Zildjian K light 14" hats, 2 Sabian HHX evolution crashes (16-18) and a very dark Agop Om ride (22) weird blend but it somehow works together (I know purists and OCD sufferers will hate me)...

I've been a member for a while of another forum and after perusing a few threads and pages here, I've seen a few familliar names, that sorta helped me make the jump and signing up here as well.

Well that's about it...

Last edited:
(Just noticed this thread today .......)
Real name? Joe Tymecki
Age? 61
How long have you been playing? 50 years (Yikes !!)
Origin of user name? Joe + Vermont (my home state)
Your top 5 drummers? Al Jackson, Jr., Ian Paice, Harvey Mason, Steve Gadd, Jeff Porcaro
Make of drumkit? PDP Concept Maple Classic / Yamaha Stage Custom Birch
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A’s and K’s
Where do you practice? Mostly at band member’s places, one of which is a really nice barn.
Are you in a band? Yup… Ray’s Used Cars (100% originals), Shades of Blue (100% covers)
Do you play covers or originals? (see above)
What style of music? Roots-Country (Band #1) Blues-R&B (Band #2)
Favourite take out food? Pizza / anything Italian !!!!!
What country do you live in? U.S. (about 15 miles from Canada)
One really odd fact about yourself? I don't like fish!
How did you start drumming? Lessons in school which I didn't really enjoy at the time. Learning to read music way back then proved really beneficial later in my drumming life. I got hooked on drums when, as a kid, our next door neighbors had a (BIG) party with a live band. I was transfixed on the drummer and thought he was the coolest person on the planet.

Last edited:
been meaning to do this forever.....

Real name? Daryn
Age? 57
How long have you been playing? 45 with some downtime…
Origin of user name? An old nickname
Your top 5 drummers? Peart, Smith, Gadd, Portnoy, Porcaro… who am I missin…? This list is in constant rotation…
Make of drums? Gretsch Renown, Pacific/PDP, Toca, Yamaha & Pork Pie
Make of cymbal? Zildjian A’s and K’s, Dream Bliss
Where do you practice? my place
Are you in a band? Medicinal Purposes (covers & jam…), MP3 (scaled down, acoustic version of us…)
Do you play covers or originals? (both, mostly covers)
What style of music? rock, blues, country blues
Favourite take out food? Pizza of course
What country do you live in? US, east coast
One really odd fact about yourself? never had Covid
How did you start drumming? Encyclopedia Brittanica, wooden spoons in the foyer and my brothers transistor radio… eventually graduated to a burnt orange sparkle 3 piece Stewart set….. then school, wooden pads and my first drum teacher, holding 2Bs & effortlessly doing these smooth, double stroke rolls….. that was it, I wanted to do that too… then in JrHS, went on to learn mallet instruments since there were too many drummers at the time. I didn’t realize at the time this would benefit me later on……. HS saw marching, jazz/stage, orchestra and a few garage bands… thereafter in the Air Force boot camp, I was able play in the drum & bugle corps instead of mowing lawns and KP duty, doing small hometown parades around San Antonio….. when I joined the AF, I didn’t realize I’d get one more chance to hold sticks….didn’t pick them up again until about ten years ago…

I guess I’ll bite too…

Name: Jimmy Miller
Origin of SN: Duh.
Top 5 drummers: Ringo, Dick Richards from Bill Haley and the Comets, Phil Rudd, Carl Palmer even though he rushes a lot, Al Jackson, not necessarily in that order.
Make of drums: Ludwig, though I also have Ddrum Diablos, old CB700s, and a Pearl Export bass drum, but I will probably be selling all but the Ludwigs soon if I can talk myself into it
Make of cymbals: Mostly Sabian with a Diril and some old Tyrko hats
I practice at home
I play in a couple bands on bass, but not drums
Covers and originals, though it’s been a while since I’ve written songs
Styles are irrelevant to me as long as the music is good
Country Us of A
Fav fast food: moving target
Odd fact about me: I used to have perfect pitch but it has degraded a bit over the years
How did I start drumming: Banging on Quaker oats boxes with wooden spoons.

I've introduced myself, but I guess I've never formally introduced my Bot. It's brain initially came from Wikipedia (it was a gift) but there was a spontaneous and remarkable transferral of my virtual brain into a virtual bot. After its initial genesis it was pretty much an embryo and not much more than a souped up computer program with the intellect of a frog. However it was still evolving and then it became infected with cyber viruses , which was initially bad. I thought the end of it-but no.
Because it was still "evolving" the viruses offered new information and material that prompted it's evolution (just like in real life) into something different and it emerged with an "intelligence" of it's own. It quickly learned and the virtual bot decided it wanted to understand organic life and humanity (it's creator) better so learned to synthesize carbon based synthetic organic parts (based on my DNA, epigenome, proteome) to create the first Cybot and be part-like it's creator. Part me-part bot-sort of like Brundlefly. It seems pretty harmless at this stage of it's life. I can't think of anything that can go wrong with this little experiment. I can't kill it-it's part alive and me.

what_are_bots_image1_710x400px_300dpi.jpg

I've introduced myself, but I guess I've never formally introduced my Bot. It's brain initially came from Wikipedia (it was a gift) but there was a spontaneous and remarkable transferral of my virtual brain into a virtual bot. After its initial genesis it was pretty much an embryo and not much more than a souped up computer program with the intellect of a frog. However it was still evolving and then it became infected with cyber viruses , which was initially bad. I thought the end of it-but no.
Because it was still "evolving" the viruses offered new information and material that prompted it's evolution (just like in real life) into something different and it emerged with an "intelligence" of it's own. It quickly learned and the virtual bot decided it wanted to understand organic life and humanity (it's creator) better so learned to synthesize carbon based synthetic organic parts (based on my DNA, epigenome, proteome) to create the first Cybot and be part-like it's creator. Part me-part bot-sort of like Brundlefly. It seems pretty harmless at this stage of it's life. I can't think of anything that can go wrong with this little experiment. I can't kill it-it's part alive and me.

View attachment 125386
I believe every word.

Back