INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

You win!! I was wondering how long it would take for someone to point out that irony!! Lol!
😁😁
Jk, it appears that the lighting was the culprit here, so whoever was in charge of it was to blame 🤩

Real name?
David Canterbury

Age?
Lived till 27. Have been dead for another 208, so 235 this year.

How long have you been playing?
Well over 150 years. I dont keep track anymore.

Origin of user name?
Play on my name. And since I'm undead, when you see Dave, run.

Your top 5 drummers?
After all this time, I'm not going to narrow it down to 5.

Make of drumkit?
Wood.

Make of cymbal?
Bronze.

Where do you practice?
The 8th circle of hell. The souls trapped there really do make one feel good about themselves.

Are you in a band?
My own.

Do you play covers or originals?
Yes.

What style of music?
All of them.

Favourite take out food?
Brains.

What country do you live in?
The Underworld isn't a country.

One really odd fact about yourself?
Every drummers brain I devour gives me a bit of their ability, or lack thereof. I should be much better at this point than I really am.

How did you start drumming?
I found a drum in a field littered with corpses while searching for food. I was just going to fill it with brains but really liked how it sounded.

Real name? Nick Curley
Age? 36
How long have you been playing? 30 years
Origin of user name? inside joke… first name is Ed
Your top 5 drummers? Mark Guilana, Dave King, Brian Blade, Nate Smith, George Sluppick
Make of drumkit? Gretsch, Sonor
Make of cymbal? Istanbul Agop, Meinl Byzance
Where do you practice? rehearsal space w/band or church before everyone shows up
Are you in a band? yes (The Study of What)
Do you play covers or originals? originals
What style of music? funk/rock/improvisational
Favourite take out food? kfc
What country do you live in? United States
One really odd fact about yourself? I’m neuro-divergent? I dunno, I’m just odd in general…. 🤷🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️
How did you start drumming? my parents bought me a drum kit at 6 years old for Christmas. My dad played b3 in some Memphis garage band in the 60s, and he taught me the Memphis sound. He had the best press-rolls

Real name? Simon Haworth

Age? 61

How long have you been playing? 7 months

Origin of user name? My friend and bandmate, with 55 years playing under his belt, said I play like a burlesque, pit-band drummer. I was flattered.

Your top 5 drummers? Morelo, Stinson, Peart, Fadden, Krupa.

Make of drumkit? Mapex.

Make of cymbal? Zildjian.

Where do you practice? At home and at our band's rehearsal space.

Are you in a band? Yes.

Do you play covers or originals? Both.

What style of music? Folk, country, pop oldies, rock, funk.

Favourite take out food? Pad Thai.

What country do you live in? Canada.

One really odd fact about yourself? I have perfect pitch to match tones in spoken and sung speech, but lack the ability to identify notes, chords or intervals.

How did you start drumming? Last summer I was asked to join a local group on harp and vocals (and tech. for recording), and began playing the rehearsal kit between rehearsals. I then began jamming with the guitarist and bassist, and we decided to form a trio separate from the full 5-piece. We did two outdoor shows -- 2 sets/show -- in September, after which I was offered the drum throne for the 5-piece (the existing drummer was experiencing worsening health).

Just joined today and looking forward to enjoying this excellent forum. Thanks, Simon.

Real name?
David Canterbury

Age?
Lived till 27. Have been dead for another 208, so 235 this year.

Well over 150 years. I dont keep track anymore.

Origin of user name?
Play on my name. And since I'm undead, when you see Dave, run.

Your top 5 drummers?
After all this time, I'm not going to narrow it down to 5.

Make of drumkit?
Wood.

Make of cymbal?
Bronze.

Where do you practice?
The 8th circle of hell. The souls trapped there really do make one feel good about themselves.

Are you in a band?
My own.

Yes.

What style of music?
All of them.

Favourite take out food?
Brains.

The Underworld isn't a country.

Every drummers brain I devour gives me a bit of their ability, or lack thereof. I should be much better at this point than I really am.

I found a drum in a field littered with corpses while searching for food. I was just going to fill it with brains but really liked how it sounded.
Welcome to the forum Mr. C....Or is it Mr. Dave...Or maybe Mr. Run...I don't know.
It can be fun and pretty educational here. I know I have learned a good bit, and everyone knows I really like my bits!

I am not a drummer...yet...but maybe some day. I got my first kit in June '20, when I first really met drums.
I DID just yesterday get my new floor tom, so now I have the 10 and 12 up, 14 and 16 down.
You've been drumming for THAT long...maybe I could learn a thing or two from you(?!)
Have fun!

The first "Introduction" thread lasted six years (!), went for 61 pages, had thousands of posts, and as of today had over one hundred and eighty thousand views. Time to put the old girl out to pasture. This is the new "Introduction" thread. Let's see if it makes it another six years!

*************************************************​

Welcome to the DrummerWorld forum. Please use this thread to introduce yourself. Answer the following questions (all optional), and let us know about you.

Real name?
Age?
Origin of user name?
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit?
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice?
Are you in a band?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?

Copy and paste these questions into your reply and let's learn about each other.
Hello Drummerworld, I'm looking forward to getting to know you all..

My name's Dave, I'm 48..
Started playing when I was 15, stopped when I was 30ish.. Started again October 2020.

My first dog was called Tosh and I miss him every day..

Top drummers.. Oh man.. Bonzo, Jeff Porcaro, David Garibaldi, Steve Gadd, Richard Spaven..
I have a Pearl Export, Tama club jam and Roland VAD 306.
Love Istanbul cymbals..
I practice in my shed out back every day and at our practice room Mondays and Fridays.
Im in 2 bands at the moment, Sonic Whip - Funky Soul vibes.. The Lunar Men - Old school Psych. all original stuff.

Best food on earth is Pizza. Pepperoni..

Live in North East of England.

Started drumming after watching Reni (killer player) from the Stone Roses..

Really odd fact?? I'm all round odd I think.. Compulsive, obsessive.. Love it most of the time.. Most of the time!

Take care and hopefully chat soon..

Real name? James Hart
Age? 54
How long have you been playing? drums, just starting... Bass for 44 years
Origin of user name? My old man, I'm a Jr
Your top 5 drummers? Bill Ward, Yuval Gabay, Billy Martin, Manu Katché, Ringo Starr
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Brooklyn Standard Snare, Astro shells (will be Gretsch USA Custom eventually), Tama hardware
Make of cymbal? Meinl MCS hi-hat, ride, crash, splash, and china
Where do you practice? Home Studio/Office/Man Cave
Are you in a band? If you consider writing and recording my own stuff, then yes.
Do you play covers or originals? originals, but I will be learning covers as a learning tool
What style of music? yes? with the broadest stroke... Rock, but that limits my tastes in uncomfortable ways
Favourite take out food? Mexican
One really odd fact about yourself? odd? that is a loaded question. I'm a bassist, we will start there for now.
How did you start drumming? I've always wanted to learn, have had drummers leave kits at my place a few times in the past but had never been able to get 3 limbs going at once (pre interweb with no clue where to start). More recently, my daughter wanted to play since around 2 years old and at 5 an old high school girlfriend and her husband (we are all friends on FB) offered me the kit that their now adult daughter played for a few month 10+ years ago and has been under a sheet in the storage part of a finished basement. Due to the pandemic and my not knowing how to play, she just played solos for a few minutes every day for a couple months. Fast forward to last fall, she has been busting to learn guitar like my Guild D40, so I bought her 1/2 sized Fender acoustic for Christmas and now at 7 years old, we have weekly lessons on that and the drums were collecting dust. A couple months ago, I decided to start upgrading her kit so I can learn and maybe teach her what I learn, but also because I really want to play. Her kit is an "Astro" starter set... the shells are decent, but the stands and cymbals are garbage. First I bought a used Meinl cymbal pack, then bought a bunch of Tama stuff... replaced all the cymbal stands (4 total), beefy red throne, Speed Cobra 910 series Hi-Hat and bass drum pedals, all Evans Onyx batter heads and bass drum resonance heads and their new EQ pods (REALLY cool ring and resonance control), then I upgraded the snare to a Gretsch Brooklyn Standard and added a Meinl Groove Bell... if I continue to enjoy them, I will eventually upgrade the shells to some Gretsch USA in that wicked Orange Metal Flake color they make. Planning a 26" bass 1up/1down with a 14" & 18"

Attachments

• 20220411_drum_kit.jpg
    20220411_drum_kit.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220420_drum_kit.jpg
    20220420_drum_kit.jpg
    331.1 KB · Views: 4
Real name? James Hart
Age? 54
How long have you been playing? drums, just starting... Bass for 44 years
Origin of user name? My old man, I'm a Jr
Your top 5 drummers? Bill Ward, Yuval Gabay, Billy Martin, Manu Katché, Ringo Starr
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Brooklyn Standard Snare, Astro shells (will be Gretsch USA Custom eventually), Tama hardware
Make of cymbal? Meinl MCS hi-hat, ride, crash, splash, and china
Where do you practice? Home Studio/Office/Man Cave
Are you in a band? If you consider writing and recording my own stuff, then yes.
Do you play covers or originals? originals, but I will be learning covers as a learning tool
What style of music? yes? with the broadest stroke... Rock, but that limits my tastes in uncomfortable ways
Favourite take out food? Mexican
One really odd fact about yourself? odd? that is a loaded question. I'm a bassist, we will start there for now.
How did you start drumming? I've always wanted to learn, have had drummers leave kits at my place a few times in the past but had never been able to get 3 limbs going at once (pre interweb with no clue where to start). More recently, my daughter wanted to play since around 2 years old and at 5 an old high school girlfriend and her husband (we are all friends on FB) offered me the kit that their now adult daughter played for a few month 10+ years ago and has been under a sheet in the storage part of a finished basement. Due to the pandemic and my not knowing how to play, she just played solos for a few minutes every day for a couple months. Fast forward to last fall, she has been busting to learn guitar like my Guild D40, so I bought her 1/2 sized Fender acoustic for Christmas and now at 7 years old, we have weekly lessons on that and the drums were collecting dust. A couple months ago, I decided to start upgrading her kit so I can learn and maybe teach her what I learn, but also because I really want to play. Her kit is an "Astro" starter set... the shells are decent, but the stands and cymbals are garbage. First I bought a used Meinl cymbal pack, then bought a bunch of Tama stuff... replaced all the cymbal stands (4 total), beefy red throne, Speed Cobra 910 series Hi-Hat and bass drum pedals, all Evans Onyx batter heads and bass drum resonance heads and their new EQ pods (REALLY cool ring and resonance control), then I upgraded the snare to a Gretsch Brooklyn Standard and added a Meinl Groove Bell... if I continue to enjoy them, I will eventually upgrade the shells to some Gretsch USA in that wicked Orange Metal Flake color they make. Planning a 26" bass 1up/1down with a 14" & 18"

welcome from a fellow bass player as well...have been playing drums for about 40 and bass for about 30 years!!!

Real name?
Jackson
Age?
I haven't yet, want to start getting into drumming
Origin of user name?
Saw someone once posted a picture of a bowling pin and called it a Bobby Pin
What style of music?
Rock/Mental
Favourite take out food?
Americanized Chinese
Sealand
I have one brain cell

Real name? Mike
Age? 54
How long have you been playing? 38 years
Origin of user name? Vista for Vistalite drums and Vette because I like Corvettes "Vistavette"
Your top 5 drummers? Bonham, Rich, Peart, Garibaldi, Ringo, Purdy (yes, I know that's 6)
Make of drum kit? Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute, an early/mid-70s Ludwig Vistalite 12/13/16 (red), and a 2004 Bonham reissue Vistalite set...and a Roland TD-6.
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? Living room
Are you in a band? Yep.
Do you play covers or originals? Mostly covers
What style of music? Rock, blues, classic R&B
Favourite take out food? Pizza
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? Hmmm, I'll have to ask around and get back to you...
How did you start drumming? A friend I met in Jr. High band was a drummer (I played trumpet) and when he got a drum set I played it and loved it so much I begged my parents to let me get one. Finally at 15 or 16 I got one, started a band...here I am.

Hey everyone! Good to be here.

Real name? Danny Cox

Age? 35

How long have you been playing? 25 years

Origin of user name? Birth!

Your top 5 drummers? Vinnie, Gadd, Purdie, Chambers, Coleman (ask again tomorrow for a different answer!)

Make of drumkit? Mapex, Pearl, Yamaha

Make of cymbal? Bosphorus, Sabian, Zildjian, Meinl

Where do you practice? I don't!

Are you in a band? Occasionally

Do you play covers or originals? Both

What style of music? All

Favourite take out food? Indian

What country do you live in? UK

One really odd fact about yourself? I went waaaay down the mindfulness rabbit hole and forgot how to be sad :)

How did you start drumming? Wanted the Mickey Mouse kit at 5 years old, didn't get it, went into dance instead. When I hit secondary school they were offering music lessons, Dad asked if I wanted to give anything a shot, drums was the obvious choice!

I am nethan, a sportsman and a part time guitarist

i have a electric guitar, its a budget one and, i am looking to upgrade it

could you guys tell me which guitar part should i upgrade first?

p.s. - i can't afford to upgrade the whole guitar at one go.

I am nethan, a sportsman and a part time guitarist

i have a electric guitar, its a budget one and, i am looking to upgrade it

could you guys tell me which guitar part should i upgrade first?

p.s. - i can't afford to upgrade the whole guitar at one go.
This is a drum forum not a guitar forum. Perhaps you are looking for a guitar forum.

Real name - Sebastian

Age - 26

How long have you been playing - 14 years

Origin of user name - My brother once told me that I look like the Animal from Muppets and it stayed with me that way

Your top 5 drummers - John Bonham, Phil Rudd, Lars Ulrich, Danny Carey, Natalia Krząkała

Make of drumkit - Yamaha

Make of cymbal - Paiste

Where do you practice - In my studio

Are you in a band - Yes

Do you play covers or originals - Both

What style of music - Heavy Metal

Favourite take out food - Burger

What country do you live in - Poland

One really odd fact about yourself - I like Vintage more than New Era

How did you start drumming - My brother asked me if I want to play drums, and here I am

Real name? Eric
Age? 55
How long have you been playing? 19 years
Origin of user name? translation in french of my surname.
Your top 5 drummers? Gavin Harrison, Manu Katché, Stewart Copeland, Phil Collins, Carter Beauford.
Make of drumkit? Gretsch Catalina
Make of cymbal? Paiste, formula 603 (ride and hhats)
Where do you practice? rehearsak room
Are you in a band? yes
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? pop, rock, soul, blues rock...
Favourite take out food? local
What country do you live in? France
One really odd fact about yourself? I used to play piano ten years before beginning drumming.
How did you start drumming ? one friend of mine proposed to me to play drums in his band... and we played our first gig without any rehearsal !

How long playing: 48 years
Top 5 drummers: Gadd, Erskine, Copeland, Blade, Wackerman…..this list could go on and on

Kits: DW Collectors, Gretsch, Diamond, 2Box
Cymbals: Zildjian Ks, Bosporus
Rehearse: rehearsal room away from house for a healthy marriage:)
In a band? Not currently, been in many over the years. Currently drumming at church

Play all styles of music

Favorite take out food: Thai
Odd fact about yourself: The fact that we all love drums so much makes all of us odd:)
How did you start drumming: Fell in love with drums at a young age.

How long have you been playing: 35 years off and on
Origin of user name: It's my first name
Your top 5 drummers: Garibaldi, Peart, Bonham, Steve Bowman (Counting Crows), and anyone else who catches my ear.
Make of drumkit: Tama Starclassic B/B Performer, Tama Rockstar (practice kit)
Make of cymbal: Zildjian A Custom, Sabian AAX
Where do you practice: Home
Are you in a band: Yes
Do you play covers or originals: Covers
What style of music: Rock standards and rock versions of current pop music.
What country do you live in: US
One really odd fact about yourself: I have a very bad habit of not practicing unless we are performing or at band rehearsal.
How did you start drumming: Middle School Band. I had to stick with band for at least one year before my parents would buy me a kit, which turned into 6 years of orchestra, marching, stage band, etc...

Back