INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hello All. Is there a questionnare form to use to introduce myself. Just joined the Forum today. Stumbled upon the site as I was inquiring about " chattering " when hitting the kick drum pedal against the batter head. I'm 68 years old, and after a 50 hiatus from playing (if that is what you can call it), I have returned for the fun of it. I love music , My Music, and I am so very glad that my wife of 45 years gifted me a cheap starter set to commence playing again. God Bless her !!! I'm on the road to retirement and have physical limitations of spinal issues which affect certain physicality movements. Regards to all, stay safe. Let me know about the full Resume that I should post .

How long have you been playing: About 1 year after a 50 year Hiatus
Origin of user name: The Country Croatia
Your top 5 drummers: Baker[ the King of Syncopation] , Moon [he made drums "sing"] , Copeland, Bonham [What can you say], The Neil man [ Until I got back into music did I really appreciate how great he was] , and throw in Dino Danelli (Rascals - he was the first with showmanship and flair), and of course, Buddy Rich [watch some of the Johnnie Carson reruns with him......Frightening speed and agility, no matter what music you may enjoy].
Make of drumkit: uuuuhhhh a cheap starter kit - Gammon (gift from my wife as I head to retirement for rekindling the Drumming flame)
Make of cymbal: wrestling with selecting Meinl Bronze , or Sabian B8Xs, or Zidjian I series.
Where do you practice: My Basment
Are you in a band: NO , 50 years ago at age 18 a garage band that never left the garage !
Do you play covers or originals: I play MY music and play along with it.
What style of music: 60's , 70's and some 80's Rock / Country Rock (mostly I'm in the Woodstock era stuff)
Favourite take out food: Pizza, no Junk Food , occassionally Pheasant Under Glass :):)
What country do you live in: USA!!
One really odd fact about yourself: Tend to get Obsessive about things... {i. e. selecting my new upgraded cymbals}
How did you start drumming: Loved music as a young teenager, I knew I would not be able to play guitar, but had a good Ear for the Drums.

New Member joined about 3 weeks ago.

Real name? Robert
Age? 62
How long have you been playing? 3 weeks
Origin of user name? I live in Brampton, Ontario Canada
Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Ringo, Charlie Watts, Roger Taylor and Phil Collins
Make of drumkit? Tama Superstar Classic Maple
Make of cymbal? Dream Ignition
Where do you practice? Hone
Are you in a band? No
Do you play covers or originals? When I learn to play, I’ll let you know. For now TBD
What style of music? Rock, POP
Favourite take out food? BBQ Chicken/Ribs
What country do you live in? Canada
One really odd fact about yourself? Only time I’ve ever touched a drum kit was about 50 years ago for 20 minutes. The little boys band I was in the drummer wanted to try my guitar, I wanted to play Wipeout! We both decided we’d be better off with our own instruments!
How did you start drumming? Woke up a couple of months ago, sold some of my guitars and decided at age 62 that I wanted to play drums. I’ve played guitar and keyboards since my teens.

Welcome. I've had a Millenium kit for years - and I still think it sounds amazingly good for the money. The module finally packed up last winter and I tried a Yamaha module. Hated it!
My advice is get at least a handful of lessons - real ones if poss. They'll set you on the right path and that's priceless.
If you are limited to onlne lessons - look up Mike Barnes on youtube - the most enthusiastic teacher ever! He's damn good too.

Real name? Viktor
Age? 33
How long have you been playing? About 15 years, 8 years more seriously
Origin of user name? My dad shouting out ye olde sounding names
Your top 5 drummers? Stewart Copeland, Benny Greb, Mario Duplantier, Proscriptor, Daniel Liljekvist
Make of drumkit? Tama
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Basement + music studio
Are you in a band? Yes: Bones (death metal: https://www.facebook.com/Bones-Death-Metal-148871445266066/) & Hetze (punk: https://www.facebook.com/HETZEHETZE/)
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? I listen to everything and play mainly heavy stuff, but recently started to try brushes
Favourite take out food? French (BELGIAN) fries
What country do you live in? Belgium
One really odd fact about yourself? Can read upside down as fast as right side up
How did you start drumming? Wanted to play in a band

Real name? Mark
Age? 29
How long have you been playing? 16 years
Origin of user name? It’s my last name
Your top 5 drummers? Copeland, Bonham, Beauford, Starr, Phil Collins
Make of drumkit? Yamaha (formerly Tama)
Make of cymbal? Paiste
Where do you practice? Home and in and old Timbermill
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Originals
What style of music? Pop/rock/indie
Favourite take out food? Chinese
What country do you live in? Australia
One really odd fact about yourself? Not sure if it’s odd but I’ve never broken a bone.
How did you start drumming? Always wanted to play, started getting lessons in High School, use to play at church a lot and then just jamming with mates.

The first "Introduction" thread lasted six years (!), went for 61 pages, had thousands of posts, and as of today had over one hundred and eighty thousand views. Time to put the old girl out to pasture. This is the new "Introduction" thread. Let's see if it makes it another six years!

*************************************************​

Welcome to the DrummerWorld forum. Please use this thread to introduce yourself. Answer the following questions (all optional), and let us know about you.

Real name?
Age?
How long have you been playing?
Origin of user name?
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit?
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice?
Are you in a band?
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in?
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming?

Copy and paste these questions into your reply and let's learn about each other.
Hi all

This is my first foray into online forums, and have to say after hanging out for a couple of days, I think I picked the best one!

Real name? Al
Age? 48
How long have you been playing? 32yrs
Origin of user name? It’s my stage name!
Your top 5 drummers? Aside from Buddy Rich: Stewart Copeland, Rod Morgenstein, Thomas Lang, Deen Castronovo, Virgil Donati
Honourable mentions, Aynsley Dunbar, Tommy Aldridge, Billy Cobham, Cozy Powell, Dennis Chambers & Simon Phillips...and many, many more!
Make of drumkit? White Premier Gen X (recording), Pearl Export (gigging)...snares by Premier (x2), Tama, Pearl and Gretsch.
Make of cymbal? Mainly Paiste, with a sprinkling of Sabian & Meinl.
Where do you practice? Home.
Are you in a band? Not at the moment due to domestic responsibilities. Previously played in the band Evilyn Strange with my twin brother Phill for 20 years!
Do you play covers or originals? Evilyn Strange was (and still is) all originals.
What style of music? Hard Rock/metal
Favourite take out food? Greggs’ vegan sausage rolls!
What country do you live in? UK
One really odd fact about yourself? I’m right handed but left footed, which possibly helped me pick up double bass quite quickly (with a lot of help from Rod Morgenstein’s book and cassette!).
How did you start drumming? Casually walked into a drum class whilst studying art at college and was blown away by the teacher, Eric Hammond, who just so happened to be a drum god. He also taught Ged Lynch of Peter Gabriel fame! Been hooked ever since!

Here’s me with a certain Mr Donati after a clinic:

396D66A3-288F-4D9E-BF8E-BEFCFCFBBA75.jpeg38A08B1D-9599-44F6-9D74-16D365CF9592.jpeg

Real name? Brayden
Age? 18
How long have you been playing? 5 years
Origin of user name? Drummer from Prescott AZ
Your top 5 drummers? Gabe helguera (i prevail) matt Ochoa (Dirty heads) Joey Jordison (ex slipknot) john bonham (led Zepplin) Travis Barker (blink 182)
Make of drumkit? Mapex
Make of cymbal? Zildjian
Where do you practice? My bedroom
Are you in a band? still looking :/
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? nu metal, ska, hip-hop, reggae, rock.
Favourite take out food? pizza
What country do you live in? USA baby
One really odd fact about yourself? My kit is named Pedro
How did you start drumming? i wanted to get my old junk kit our from storage and start playing the drums

Real name - Alex
Age - 34
How long have you been playing - roughly 18/19 Years, but with extended breaks
Origin of user name - something people throw my way, because I have severe drumming touretts where I play rudiments on any surface that will make a sound, including myself. It also has the addition BVB, which is just the sports team that I support, I might have made an account on here roughly a decade ago, so I had to add that.
Your top 5 drummers - based on personal Influence and in no particular order. Joey Jordison, Fredrik Andersson, J P Gaster, George Kollias and Mike Johnston (last one is an online Teacher who had massive impact on my Life and drumming so I cant leave him out)
Make of drumkit - Yamaha
Make of cymbal - Paiste
Where do you practice - in a converted WWII Bunker or at home
Are you in a band - yes
Do you play covers or originals - played Covers in the very beginning to "get to know each other" but after that originals only
What style of music - Melodic Heavy Metal
Favourite take out food - Pizza or Burger
What country do you live in - Germany
One really odd fact about yourself - I have been a competitive swimmer and am a trained Lifeguard
How did you start drumming - Friends of mine had a band and the drummer wanted to switch to bass, so they asked me to fill the spot.

Last edited:
Real name - Arturo
Age - 50 next Monday
How long have you been playing - roughly 32/34 Years, but with extended breaks
Origin of user name - I like dogs so doggy was a username but Yahoo decided to add the rest so I kept it.
Your top 5 drummers - I don't particularly care for flashy drummers I rather see someone serving the song but I am lately listening to a lot of death metal... I do like speed but with skill and precision. David Diepold is one current drummer I am listening to but there are others like Baard Kolstad.
Make of drumkit - Premier, PDP, Roland
Make of cymbal - Ziljian, Meinl, Whuan, Roland, Alesis, Pintech.
Where do you practice - I don't practice...ever. I play along to songs I like sometimes but due to work I spend very little time on the kit. (currently deployed so even less).
Are you in a band - Not at the moment but I have been in several.
Do you play covers or originals - played originals in the very beginning but after that mostly covers.
What style of music - initially heavy metal then some sort of punk speed metal mix and then more metal.
Favourite take out food - I don't care about food I eat because I have to (says my wife who was a chef)...
What country do you live in - USA
One really odd fact about yourself - I can read about 5 times faster than most people.
How did you start drumming - My grandfather bought me a drum when I was 5 (I had the drum for a day and somehow it disappeared) I guess ever since I started being interested in drums, I used to listen to music and after I learned the components of a drum kit (bass snare toms, cymbals) I would bang on cardboard boxes following along the song and eventually actually knew how to play it. (I was about 12 when I did that) I bought my first kit when I was 18 I was really poor so I got a very shitty used Ludwig which sounded awful but hey I had a kit. I can now afford most any kit I want but I don't have as much time as I would like.

Greeting everyone. It's my first time on this form, and i'm already seeing seeing other obsessed drummers like myself so that's good lol. Hope I can share and learn as much as I can.

How long have you been playing :1 year

Origin of user name: Being a drummer from Trinidad.

Your top 5 drummers:Tory Roster Jr, Larnell Lewis, Matt Garstka, Juan Carlito Mendoza, Thomas Pridgen.

Make of drumkit :Tama star maple.

Make of cymbal: Zildjin A Custom.

Where do you practice:Everywhere!.

Are you in a band:Yes.

Do you play covers or originals:Working on that.

What style of music:Soca,Jazz,RnB,Hiphop,Latin and Rock.

Favourite take out food:KFC.

What country do you live in:Trinidad and Tobago.

One really odd fact about yourself:I got freckles on my hands

How did you start drumming:Listening to my friends shedding.

How long have you been playing: 5 months, just smashing the kit I bought for my drummer to practice in my basement. Took 6 months of lessons when I was 15...I'm a keys player in love with drums....
Origin of user name: it was the name of my surfshop in France 13 years ago
Top 5 drummers: Steve Gadd, Dave Werkl, Dennis Chambers, Vinnie Colauita, Omar Hakim, Billie Cobham
Make of Drums kit: Tama Star 1973, BD 22X14, Toms 10X7, 12X8, 13X9, 16X16, Snare Tama Star Reserve solid Maple 14X5, Tama Star Reserve Solid Sedan 14X6.5, Tama Chrome over steel plus wrap with the same color of the kit, 14X6, came with the kit.
Make of Cymbals: Sabian, Meinl, Zildjian, in love with cymbals too, 28 as of now, I'm ok with it now, no more room on the kit anyway...
Where do you practice: In my basement, in Canada.
Are you in a Band: Yes, Funk Dance Cover band.
Style of music: Funk Dance but I also like, jazz, jazz rock, fusion, Latin, Pop, Classical music.
Country: France up to 13 years ago, now Canada for 13 years...
Odd thing about you: Well, odd enough that I'm the keys player and have spent maybe 10.000$ recently in drums!!!
How did you start drumming: I was supposed when I was 15 to play drums in my garage band but ended up with keys (I was playing the Piano since the age of 6...) And recently decided to play between practices the kit that I had in the basement.

Last edited:
Im Mark a OAP bloke ( 50ish ) based in Essex at the moment... England ( Yorkshire Man )

I got into drumming many moons ago when most of my mates were in bands ( they would take a break and I would jump up at kit/ So self taught :oops:) ( Im still rubbish too )
I have a Pearl Export kit and use a Yamaha Snare and have Meinl cymbals ( I just picked up a Premier APK kit at a great price )
I have a Roland TD6 also ( never play the thing )

Im into playing Originals or Covers ( prefer Originals has no1 can pull you up on mistakes )

Drummer Idols ??? mmmmm anybody who Drums is a dude ( or dudette ) Jim Reilly (ex stiff little fingers ) Paul Cook ( great attitude...Sex pistols ) are 2 I do look up to...

Im in a Original and Covers band at the Moment ( Psycho/Punk/Rock-abilly Genre

My name means my Bands name

A fact ... I REALLY CANT PLAY WELL BUT love trying :) ... I also do a lot of Promotion for bands/gig find/put events on etc

Highlight of my Drumming life is playing a decent festival along side of Badly Drawn Boy and Pussy Riot and a host of other Big Names... ( never happen again )

Oh my... i never introduced myself years back when i joined. ?
So..

1601021452231.png

Real name
Well not going to post that here. Too much malicious people on the web after personal info.

How long have you been playing?
I got my first drumset in 1999 i think. That's when i really started playing. Not counting the years banging on boxes and crates ;)
So that's... almost 21 years now!

Origin of user name?
Funny story... years ago i was (and still am) a huge fan of the Wing Commander computer games. In the first game there is a character called Iceman which eventually dies. Couple of games further (Wing Commander: Prophecy) you play his son. Just like with all games you need to input a callsign so your kills are recorded on the killboard and thought 'well, if i play the son of Iceman i'm gonna give his son the callsign of Ice'.

This was somewhere around 1998 or 1999 and at that time it was a hype to stylize usernames with capitals or numbers (l33tspeak anyone?) and thought it was cool to capitalize the centered letter so it would be written as iCe. And since then it stuck mostly to forums and games.

Your top 5 drummers?
Mike Portnoy, Todd Sucherman, Benny Greb, Terry Bozzio and Neil Peart

Make of drumkit?
Pearl for the most part and still sticking to them, but who knows what i'll get in the future.

Make of cymbal?
Different brands now, but for the most part Zildjian and have a preference for Zildjian cymbals.

Where do you practice?
Mostly in the rehearsal space and don't really practice anymore/

Are you in a band?
More a 'project' with a guitar player. Maybe (re)starting a cover band for fun with 2 friends of mine, but that's still in the early stages.

Do you play covers or originals?
The guitar player and me write our own instrumental music, which can be described as instrumental prog rock/metal. We're called Quivermore and have an album on Spotify/Amazon called 'Throck!'. Currently working on new songs with 2 finished and 2 still being worked on.

What style of music?
Progressive rock/metal. Coverband in the past pop and rock.

Favourite take out food?
Tie between Chinese/Cantonese or Japanese (sushi)

What country do you live in?
The Netherlands

One really odd fact about yourself?
Among my friends I'm infamous for my methane outbursts (also known al Flatulent Aerosol Rotten Thunder: F.A.R.T.)

How did you start drumming?
Sat down a friends kit a couple of times and really liked it, so eventually got my own kit so i could play whenever i wanted.

How long have you been playing : 1 Week !

Origin of user name: I'm a former rave DJ with the Sonic Sound System in London - It was my DJ Name

Your top 5 drummers: John Bonham (RIP), Phil Rudd, Dave Grohl, Lars Ulrich, Ian Paice

Make of drumkit : Thomann Millenium MPS-450 Electronic (don't judge me! :)).......If I get any good, I'm gonna splash out on a Tama Acoustic Rock Kit

Make of cymbal: See Above

Where do you practice: Spare Bedroom - getting evicted soon methinks.......:)

Are you in a band: I doubt anyone would have me at the moment

Do you play covers or originals: I'll let you know in a year or so!

What style of music: Rock, Metal, Blues

Favourite take out food: Indian

What country do you live in: Ireland

One really odd fact about yourself: I survived the rave generation......despite my best efforts to party myself to the grave!

How did you start drumming: The Virus made me scratch the itch, which I've had for years!

Hi,
Real name? Vedran
Age? 36
How long have you been playing? Twenty years.
Origin of user name? wedran84.
Your top 5 drummers? Mike Portnoy,Todd Sucherman,Dave Weckl,Simon Phillips,Vinnie Colaiuta...
Make of drumkit? DS Rebel Custom Drums in Grey Pine finish.
Make of cymbal? Sabian (HHX Compex Medium Hats 14",AA Mini Holy China 12",Paragon Splash 10",HHX Xtreme Crash 18",HHX Complex Medium Thin Crash 19",Legacy Ride 22",XS China 18".
Where do you practice? In my studio or in home on Electronic drum kit.
Are you in a band? Yes.
Do you play covers or originals? Originals and some covers.
What style of music? Rock,Hard Rock,Progressive...
Favourite take out food? Serbian food.
What country do you live in? Serbia
How did you start drumming? My father is bass player. He teach me some basic rhythm and I love it. I've been surrounded by music my whole life.

Real name? Not sayin'
Age? old enough to know better than to tell you
How long have you been playing? seriously? like 4 months aimlessly? On and off for 25 years.
Origin of user name? anonymity is king
Your top 5 drummers? Adam Deitch, Gene Krupa, Jizmac, Nick Menza, and Stewart Copeland
Make of drumkit? Premier XPK in natural finish, circa 1990
Make of cymbal? Crappy ones.
Where do you practice? In Tom Cruise's closet, with John Travolta
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? neither, I play Joe Morello's book on the pad. Poorly. and slow.
What style of music? All music has something to offer, yet I believe country died with Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, and Johnny.
Favourite take out food? Thai
What country do you live in? 'Murica
How did you start drumming? Pure happenstance and it works out because I'm an busy body with jimmy legs. Also, a feckless twit.

Last edited:
What style of music? All music has something to offer, yet I believe country died with Hank Sr, Patsy Cline, and Johnny.

As a country drummer who favors a classic sound, I do empathize with your position, though I believe there's still a lot of good stuff in the making. You just have to rummage through a heap of rubbish to find it.

Real name? Grayson
How long have you been playing? 10 years
Origin of user name? The Terminator but with my name in front of it!
Your top 5 drummers? - Phil Collins, Benny Greb, Dennis Chambers, Steve Gadd, Chad Smith
Drums - Pearl Decade 5pc [22x18, 10x7, 12x8, 16x16, 18x16]
Gretsch USA Bronze Snare [14x5]
Custom Block Cocobolo Snare [14x6]
Cymbals - Mix
Amedia Old School Hi-Hats [15”]
Istanbul Agop Special Edition Jazz Ride [22”] 3 rivets
Istanbul Agop Signature Ride [24”]
Dream Bliss Paper Thin [22”]
Where do you practice? My drum room!!
Are you in a band? Yes. A small 4pc blues/rock group “Moon Prism”
What style of music? [Classic Rock, Jazz/Fusion, Funk, RNB]
Favourite take out food? Greek
What country do you live in? USA, WA State
How did you start drumming? Walked into a music store and instantly fell in love!

Last edited:
Back