INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

Hey everybody! New to the forum. I have checked it out a few times looking for tips or opinions. Very helpful.
Thought it was time I joined so I could express some of my point of views with my many years of experience.

Real name? Kent

Age? 40-ish

How long have you been playing? Since I was 8

Origin of user name? Originally from Indianapolis, 22 was my jersey number in school

Your top 5 drummers? Tommy Aldridge, Alex Van Halen, then to many to list

Make of drumkit? I have 4 kits..... a Pearl Master Series that I use for rehearsal...then I use a Pacific LX Series for gigs. The other 2 are an older Pearl and PDP kit.

Make of cymbal? Both Zildjians and Sabians

Where do you practice? The guitar players house

Are you in a band? Yep.

Do you play covers or originals? We do a wide range of covers

What style of music? Mostly rock with a sprinkle of everything else

Favourite take out food? Burger King original chicken sandwich with extra mayo

What country do you live in? Good Ol' USA

One really odd fact about yourself? I can touch my nose with my tongue

How did you start drumming? Just beating on an old Ludwig snare at the age of 3, then got serious by the time I was 8

Last edited:
Hi all! Nice to be a member on a drum forum, finally.

How long have you been playing: 7 years

Origin of user name: I don't actually know...

Your top drummers: Buddy Rich, Jeff "Tain" Watts, Benny Greb.

Make of drum kit: - Haven't yet got toms/bass as I can't afford any decent kits, but my snare is Ludwig Black Beauty (Hammered), and all cymbals are Istanbul Agop.

Where do you practice: Home.

Are you in a band: Not at the moment, but played for a few recently.

Do you play covers or originals: Originals.

What style of music: Rock/Jazz to an extent.

What country do you live in: UK

How did you start drumming: Tried out an electric kit in Dawsons for a joke, turned out I apparently had a decent sense of rhythm...

What's the deal? :D

How long have you been playing: Since I was about...4?

Origin of user name: I was with some guys, and I'm not exactly sure what we were talking about but aparently it was ironic. So this guy says, "Woah. That's almost as ironic as a black polar bear!" And I thought it was kind of cool. So I make it my username for pretty much everything..

Your top drummers: Matt Halpern, Travis Barker, Daniel Williams

Make of drum kit: OCDP!

Where do you practice: In my drum room haha

Are you in a band: Yupp

Do you play covers or originals: Both

What style of music: A super wide variety of rock, punk, and alternative

What country do you live in: US

How did you start drumming: My dad had a kit, so I started playing and I love it now :D

New to the Forum

Hi to everyone on the Drummerworld Forum. I had problems finding out quite how to do the inroduce yourself bit so ive resorted to a posting instead..lol...Not too clever with the Laptop im afraid, im sure someone will soon tell me how simple it all is tho...lol..
Im married and live in a small village in Cambridgeshire in the UK..Ive played drums for around 44 yrs at most levels up to and including semi-pro.although these days ive cut right back and play less seriously and more low key...

Over the years ive used many kits from Premier, Yamaha and Pearl and cymbals by Paiste, Sabian and Zildjian...

I hope through this forum to meet some new drumming friends and hopefully be able to share some info and experience with you all...

Re: New to the Forum

Wow, you probably have a wealth of good stories. Welcome. Now get us some photos for our viewing pleasure.

Re: New to the Forum

Welcome to the real worldwide drumming brotherhood!

Well, hello all you wonderful people.

I'm 17. The name's Jacob.

I've been drumming for about 3 years now (yeah, I know, noob)

My user name comes from a word I used to describe a porcupine in second grade.

Top 5 Drummers: Bonham, Dave Grohl (that guy is legit), Ronnie Vannucci (one of the more underrated drummers today imho), Jimmy Chamberlin (Smashing Pumpkins), Travis Barker (blink-182 is really fun to play lol)

I've got a Mapex Voyager kit in Cherry Red (great kit for the price).
Sabian FTW!

My band is called The Flying Surgeons. We have issues. We play an inconceivable mix of garage rock and softer stuff (think white stripes meets John Mayer)

I listen to Green Day, Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, The Killers, Muse, Radiohead, The Strokes, etc. I also like heavy country christmas folk rap.

I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free.

I started drumming because you get a nice little round hole in the drywall when you throw a drumstick at it.

Teehee.

A little newbie forum Montreal...

Hi everybody,
First I'm sorry for my (sometimes^^) bad english, and may you will see many errors cause I just returned forum an intense drumcamp and I'm so tired... ;)

So, i'm Jasbat, a young drummer of 15 years old. I was starting to play drums 4 years ago, when my dad gimme a nice TD-9 with a seat and a cool DW 4000 bass drum pedal at the age of 11.

But I had the rythm feeling before that...
Then I get some snare drums, sticks and brushes, hardware etc... but I don't have any complete acoustic drumset by now.
I already have :

- Roland TD-9 (not upgraded and I don't already planned something about it^^)

- PDP natural wood hoops (SX series) in maple, 14x6

- Sick Gretsch catalina elite Piccolo in maple, 13x4

- Brushe's favorite snare... a 50's no-name one in metal, probably steel... :D

- Zildjian 70's Avedis, 21'' ride and 13'' hats... LOVE...

- Yamaha cymbal and hats stands, Gibraltar snare stand, DW 4000 pedal

Hopefully, I practice on acoustic drums with my personnal teacher and I can carry an hi-hat, a snare and a bass-drum pedal with in a case...
And I transform the case into a bass drum to play on the street! :D

My favorites drummer are :
- Jeff Porcaro
- Aaron Spears (and his SOOOO sick signature sticks!!! <3)
- Bernard Purdie
- Mitch Mitchell
- Papa jo Jones

... and many, many more^^...

My drumcamp's teacher just get endorsed by Pearl for free material and he will give free pass for the Montreal's Drumfest for each of is students! *Edit : Profanity go out of the way, sorry...*

So...

Jasbat

Last edited:
Re: A little newbie forum Montreal...

Welcome. You could have left this part out.

*Mod Fxck yeah Motherfxcker* lol

Welcome.

Also, because you had clearly not read the forum rules, I've reported this post to the moderator. Profanity is not accepted on this board, regardless of how little or much experience you have here.

Welcome.

Also, because you had clearly not read the forum rules, I've reported this post to the moderator. Profanity is not accepted on this board, regardless of how little or much experience you have here.

Oh sorry about that...

You know dude, I really don't want to do profanity but... of course, i'm sorry to say that but nobody read seriously the forum's rules... ):

So I go edited my message by now.

Sorry once again I was so intense...

Jasbat

Just because nobody reads them doesn't mean that they're not there!

No problem. I'm not a moderator but they tend to take a very strict view on it.

I hope you enjoy your time here, you clearly have a lot of enthusiasm and that can only be a good thing!

i'm new here

hi y'all. my name is robyn, and i love music. i'm not a very good musician but i do try and enjoy giving it my best shot. i've mostly played guitar but arthritis is starting to set in pretty good and am cramping up after just a cuple of songs (this really bites the big one too) so have been hitting the skins a lit'l more, doesn't seem to hurt as much. i grew up in a family of musicians so been around music all my life and am the only one in my family that is tone death, seriously. i play what is taught to me. i always wanted to be included in the bands my family were in so they taught me how to run the boards and mixers and all that good stuff so i went from being their number 1 roady and fan to their sound and lighting tech. anyway...getting to the drumming part of this thread...i got this drum kit that was my aunts kit. i've had it for 3 or 4 yrs now but never paid much attention to it coz i had another kit already set up that we liked playing. anyway i set it up for my grandson to start practicing with. it needs some replacements done on it and want to do so with as original i can get. anyway got some photos of it and would like to share them. looked on ebay for some of the replacements and was surprized with the prices, is it really gonna cost that much to fix this kit up and would it make this kit worth it? thanks and hope to hang around here and visit at times, i love music talk, am usually the quiet one who sits back and listens so see ya around 072012_1728[00].jpg

072012_1733[00].jpg

072012_1721[00].jpg

Re: i'm new here

Welcome to the Forum! Those drums are Camco's (the precursor to Drum Workshop), and I consider them classics and would bring them back up to snuff just because. In fact, I love the old Camcos more than the new DW's, but that's another story.

It might cost some, but you got a classic kit with a classic finish that's pretty rare. If you don't want to spend money on them, don't get rid of them and keep them in the family until someone wants to take care of them!

Welcome to the Forum! Those drums are Camco's (the precursor to Drum Workshop), and I consider them classics and would bring them back up to snuff just because. In fact, I love the old Camcos more than the new DW's, but that's another story.

It might cost some, but you got a classic kit with a classic finish that's pretty rare. If you don't want to spend money on them, don't get rid of them and keep them in the family until someone wants to take care of them!

agreed

those are some gems you have their

check this Camco out.....and listen to what he says about price

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OU4tEG3iGH0&feature=g-user-u

Welcome to the forum! Don't worry, we aren't all here to make a career out of drumming, I'm just a hobbyist myself. We are glad to have all levels of musicians here. Look forward to seeing you around.

Here's a Camco 20, 12, 14 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-Oakla...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f1a105b02#ht_500wt_1202 on eBay. Guy wants $1600. Watch it, see if he gets it. Maybe it'll help you decide what to do.​
Most important items to get, are the lugs to complete the rack tom. You can fudge with generic triple flange hoops, to get the kit up-and-running. And you can use non-Camco tension rods, etc., to cut cost. No one says you have to do a restore job all at once. Make the kit playable, then work on the originality part of it. This is the finish I'd want http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-Chanu...e_Drums_Percussion&hash=item4aba19974f#ht_143 and it's only 3 grand.​

Here's a Camco 20, 12, 14 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-Oakla...ultDomain_0&hash=item3f1a105b02#ht_500wt_1202 on eBay. Guy wants $1600. Watch it, see if he gets it. Maybe it'll help you decide what to do.​
Most important items to get, are the lugs to complete the rack tom. You can fudge with generic triple flange hoops, to get the kit up-and-running. And you can use non-Camco tension rods, etc., to cut cost. No one says you have to do a restore job all at once. Make the kit playable, then work on the originality part of it. This is the finish I'd want http://www.ebay.com/itm/Camco-Chanu...e_Drums_Percussion&hash=item4aba19974f#ht_143 and it's only 3 grand.​

hi harry, i did see both these kits on ebay and was thinking if those sets are worth that much then mine has to be bout the same if not a lit'l more, and am watching both kits to see what they bring. thanks for the info. so far the way i see it, it is gonna cost me around 500$ or so to put it original and that is what i want to do and yes it is gonna take me a lit'l while but that is ok coz this kit ain't going anywhere. lol. it's staying in my family.

Back