INTRODUCTIONS: Please Use This Thread To Introduce Yourself!

JeffCrouse

Real name? Jeff Crouse
Age? 42
How long have you been playing? 32 years
Origin of user name? Yep
Your top 5 drummers? Elvin Jones, Howard Curtis, Tony Williams, Jeff Hamilton, Bill Stewart
Make of drumkit? Gretsch
Make of cymbal? Zildjian/Istanbul
Where do you practice? Home office/music room
Are you in a band? Not now. I do a little freelance playing as well as the praise band at church.
Do you play covers or originals? Both
What style of music? Mostly jazz and praise. Some blues in the past.
Favourite take out food? Burger and fries :)
What country do you live in? USA
One really odd fact about yourself? My birthmark is in my hair on the back of my head.
How did you start drumming? 6th grade band. Was fortunate to get an excellent private teach in the summer after 6th who really inspired me.

vibeguy56

Real name? Neil Boumpani
Age? 60.... something
How long have you been playing? 50 years
Origin of user name? I play vibes also
Your top 5 drummers? Buddy Rich, Tony Denicola, Krupa,Steve Smith
Make of drumkit? I have an old early 70's Rogers, but the set I play on is one I made myself.
Make of cymbal? Zyljian
Where do you practice? My upstairs studio
Are you in a band? Yes
Do you play covers or originals? Mainly covers, but we also play my original charts
What style of music? Big Band
Favourite take out food? New JErsey Pizza
One really odd fact about yourself? I built the world's biggest marching band bass drum for the University of Missouri - 9' by 4.5'.
How did you start drumming? Summer music camp in 5th grade

RhythmGJ

Hey All. I used to visit this site all the time, but it’s been quite a few years. Good to be back and digging what’s here.

I am a currently “semi-retired” musician, starting to get back into the swing, after a few years off (that after a nearly 40-year career).

Please forgive the seemingly blatantly self-promotional post, but I’m assuming many of you might be bored out of your skull on quarantine. I recently started a “Quarantine Music Videos” channel on YouTube, including a number of drum and percussion features and tips. Please check them out at:

It might help keep you, and me, out of trouble!

Looking forward to visiting and contributing here more often...

Thanks,

Gregg Juke

GarrettTheDrummer

Hey Everyone!

I've been around on this forum for a few years, but just realized I never actually introduced myself here. It's cool to see such a great community that's this passionate about drumming, and I'm grateful that I get to be a part of it!

How long have you been playing: 15 years

Your top 5 drummers: I appreciate a lot of different kinds of drummers for different things they do, so I struggle a bit with trying to place them in any particular order.

Make of drumkit: My main kit's a Pork Pie

Make of cymbal: Zildjians, Meinls, Sabians, Dream, whatever. If it sounds good it sounds good, so I'm not too brand loyal.

Where do you practice: I feel pretty fortunate to have a dedicated room as a studio set up in my house.

Are you in a band: I've played in bands almost nonstop since I was 12. I started paying professionally in college, and at last count I think I've played for over 30 artists.

Do you play covers or originals: Both, depending on whatever keeps me working at any given moment.

What style of music: My personal preference is Rock, Metal, and Indie, but professionally it's whatever covers my bills. Country, Pop, or whatever else comes my way.

Favourite take out food: 🍕🍕🍕

What country do you live in: United States

One really odd fact about yourself: I'm in the process of building a drum app! ProThrones.com

How did you start drumming? I had a friend in the 5th grade whos sister played flute in our elementary school band that met before classes stated a couple days a week. Since my friends parents made him go with her, he decided to play the snare drum, and he asked me if I wanted to join. I said yes just as an excuse to hang out with my friend before class a few times a week. Somehow 15 years later I've made a career out of playing drums and working in the music industry, and haven't spoken to the guy in years. It's kind of funny how life works out. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

tfgretsch

The first "Introduction" thread lasted six years (!), went for 61 pages, had thousands of posts, and as of today had over one hundred and eighty thousand views. Time to put the old girl out to pasture. This is the new "Introduction" thread. Let's see if it makes it another six years!

*************************************************​

Welcome to the DrummerWorld forum. Please use this thread to introduce yourself. Answer the following questions (all optional), and let us know about you.

Real name?
Age?
How long have you been playing?
Origin of user name?
Your top 5 drummers?
Make of drumkit?
Make of cymbal?
Where do you practice?
Are you in a band?
Do you play covers or originals?
What style of music?
Favourite take out food?
What country do you live in?
One really odd fact about yourself?
How did you start drumming?

Copy and paste these questions into your reply and let's learn about each other.
HEY brother&sister drummers my name is Tom i am 65yrs young.
been trying to rigister on this site for some time,but forgot my password,and the reset never worked for me ? finally it did !
Been playing 55yrs
hard to choose my favorite drummers so many but here goes: ringo,charlie watts,will kennedy,gene krupa,jim keltner
my kits Gretsch USA,Catilina club &yamaha stage custom ; Zildjian cymbals
practice in my basement,i am in a rock cover band,jam with friends, in an accoustic/ percussion duo
live in USA. started drumming after the BEATLES HIT the USA !!
one odd fact : playing better now than i ever have Finally learned how to LISTEN !!

this is such good site, very well done. thank you all for sharing, doesnt get any better than this !! TOM

Good Karma

Hey Everyone!

I've been around on this forum for a few years, but just realized I never actually introduced myself here. It's cool to see such a great community that's this passionate about drumming, and I'm grateful that I get to be a part of it!

How long have you been playing: 15 years

Your top 5 drummers: I appreciate a lot of different kinds of drummers for different things they do, so I struggle a bit with trying to place them in any particular order.

Make of drumkit: My main kit's a Pork Pie

Make of cymbal: Zildjians, Meinls, Sabians, Dream, whatever. If it sounds good it sounds good, so I'm not too brand loyal.

Where do you practice: I feel pretty fortunate to have a dedicated room as a studio set up in my house.

Are you in a band: I've played in bands almost nonstop since I was 12. I started paying professionally in college, and at last count I think I've played for over 30 artists.

Do you play covers or originals: Both, depending on whatever keeps me working at any given moment.

What style of music: My personal preference is Rock, Metal, and Indie, but professionally it's whatever covers my bills. Country, Pop, or whatever else comes my way.

Favourite take out food: 🍕🍕🍕

What country do you live in: United States

One really odd fact about yourself: I'm in the process of building a drum app! ProThrones.com

How did you start drumming? I had a friend in the 5th grade who's sister played flute in our elementary school band that met before classes stated a couple days a week. Since my friends parents made him go with her, he decided to play the snare drum, and he asked me if I wanted to join. I said yes just as an excuse to hang out with my friend before class a few times a week. Somehow 15 years later I've made a career out of playing drums and working in the music industry, and haven't spoken to the guy in years. It's kind of funny how life works out. 🤷‍♂️
Welcome to Drummerworld

Hi,
I'm almost 60 but a young 60 : ) ; I've been a gigging/touring drummer for 35ish years after about 15 or so of garage jamming when I was a kid.
I'm Canadian and gigged all through Canada and the US. For the last 8 years up until February this year I spent most of my time living & gigging on Cruise Ships. Bit of a scary end to that as everyone knows. I got lucky and my last contract ended in January.
Kind of ironic, my kids are grown and moved out and now I'd have time at home to spend with them....

My current kit is a converted A to E Sonor kit split in two with an extra bass drum purchased separately. I split the 6 pieces. Only difference is the size of the shells on the kits. One rig is bigger (24" kick, 12", 16") for outdoor shows and bigger halls, the other is smaller (18" kick, 10", 14") for club work and lounge stuff where the stages are the size of postage stamps.
I have a Roland module right now - TD-25, Roland RT external triggers, Gen 16 E cymbals. All of which I switch back and forth between kits.
For monitor amplification I use a couple of QSC K-12's and and 2 EV subs. Just use what I need.
For mixing I use a 10 channel Yorkville board.
Looking forward to spending some time here now that I've got to find a new income source.
Not sure when the ships will start sailing again but I'll probably go back as I love it.
Cheers all.
Oh, there's a pic of the inside view of my kit in Electronic drums with low volume cymbols sub forum in Electronic drums.

Last edited:

Yamaha Rider

HEY brother&sister drummers my name is Tom i am 65yrs young.
been trying to rigister on this site for some time,but forgot my password,and the reset never worked for me ? finally it did !
Been playing 55yrs
hard to choose my favorite drummers so many but here goes: ringo,charlie watts,will kennedy,gene krupa,jim keltner
my kits Gretsch USA,Catilina club &yamaha stage custom ; Zildjian cymbals
practice in my basement,i am in a rock cover band,jam with friends, in an accoustic/ percussion duo
live in USA. started drumming after the BEATLES HIT the USA !!
one odd fact : playing better now than i ever have Finally learned how to LISTEN !!

this is such good site, very well done. thank you all for sharing, doesnt get any better than this !! TOM
How to listen?
That's interesting - can you elaborate a little on that thought?

Good Karma

Hi,
I'm almost 60 but a young 60 : ) ; I've been a gigging/touring drummer for 35ish years after about 15 or so of garage jamming when I was a kid.
I'm Canadian and gigged all through Canada and the US. For the last 8 years up until February this year I spent most of my time living & gigging on Cruise Ships. Bit of a scary end to that as everyone knows. I got lucky and my last contract ended in January.
Kind of ironic, my kids are grown and moved out and now I'd have time at home to spend with them....

My current kit is a converted A to E Sonor kit split in two with an extra bass drum purchased separately. I split the 6 pieces. Only difference is the size of the shells on the kits. One rig is bigger (24" kick, 12", 16") for outdoor shows and bigger halls, the other is smaller (18" kick, 10", 14") for club work and lounge stuff where the stages are the size of postage stamps.
I have a Roland module right now - TD-25, Roland RT external triggers, Gen 16 E cymbals. All of which I switch back and forth between kits.
For monitor amplification I use a couple of QSC K-12's and and 2 EV subs. Just use what I need.
For mixing I use a 10 channel Yorkville board.
Looking forward to spending some time here now that I've got to find a new income source.
Not sure when the ships will start sailing again but I'll probably go back as I love it.
Cheers all.
Oh, there's a pic of the inside view of my kit in Electronic drums with low volume cymbols sub forum in Electronic drums.
Welcome to Drummerworld

eclectikelly

Hi everyone! I used this forum when I was just starting out drumming on a kit. Brought my old set from my parent's house to my new home recently to try to get back into it. I've spent years feeling like I wasn't "good enough" as a drummer, even when I knew I was pretty good. This perfectionism even kept me from playing at some points. I want to start up the hobby again and try to have more fun instead of being so critical of myself.

Real name? Kelly
Age? 31
How long have you been playing? 20 years on and off
Origin of user name? trying to be clever
Your top drummers? Stella Mozgawa, Brian Chase, Travis Barker, Buddy Rich, Jose Pasillas, Chad Smith, Dave Grohl, John Bonham
Make of drumkit? I've owned Gretsch, Mapex, Pearl, Roland
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, whatever sounds good
Where do you practice? home
Are you in a band? not right now but hope to be
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? alt. rock
Favourite take out food? Mexican
One really odd fact about yourself? I studied amphibian disease ecology for my masters
How did you start drumming? Started when I chose to join percussion my first year of middle school

Good Karma

Hi everyone! I used this forum when I was just starting out drumming on a kit. Brought my old set from my parent's house to my new home recently to try to get back into it. I've spent years feeling like I wasn't "good enough" as a drummer, even when I knew I was pretty good. This perfectionism even kept me from playing at some points. I want to start up the hobby again and try to have more fun instead of being so critical of myself.

Real name? Kelly
Age? 31
How long have you been playing? 20 years on and off
Origin of user name? trying to be clever
Your top drummers? Stella Mozgawa, Brian Chase, Travis Barker, Buddy Rich, Jose Pasillas, Chad Smith, Dave Grohl, John Bonham
Make of drumkit? I've owned Gretsch, Mapex, Pearl, Roland
Make of cymbal? Zildjian, Sabian, whatever sounds good
Are you in a band? not right now but hope to be
Do you play covers or originals? both
What style of music? alt. rock
Favourite take out food? Mexican
One really odd fact about yourself? I studied amphibian disease ecology for my masters
How did you start drumming? Started when I chose to join percussion my first year of middle school
Welcome to drummerworld

Nicolas_Gomez

Real name? Nicolas
Age? 37
How long have you been playing? 10 years on and off
Origin of user name? My real name, lol
Your top drummers? Neil Peart, Chad Smith, Matt Sorum, Stewart Copeland
Are you in a band? Nope
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? alt. rock / hard rock / metal
Favourite take out food? BBQ and french fries
What country do you live in? Uruguay, a tiny country in South America
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm left handed and I have broken up my two wrists playing soccer but still I'm being able to play I think
How did you start drumming? Don't remember exactly. I have always felt this "drive" towards percussion instruments and the like.

Good Karma

Real name? Nicolas
Age? 37
How long have you been playing? 10 years on and off
Origin of user name? My real name, lol
Your top drummers? Neil Peart, Chad Smith, Matt Sorum, Stewart Copeland
Are you in a band? Nope
Do you play covers or originals? Covers
What style of music? alt. rock / hard rock / metal
Favourite take out food? BBQ and french fries
What country do you live in? Uruguay, a tiny country in South America
One really odd fact about yourself? I'm left handed and I have broken up my two wrists playing soccer but still I'm being able to play I think
How did you start drumming? Don't remember exactly. I have always felt this "drive" towards percussion instruments and the like.
Welcome to Drummerworld

moodman

Mike Moody, Brown County Indiana, 73
I've played drums for 59 years, my bands mates called me moodman in highschool, name stuck over the years.
Top 5: ones I copied over the years Sandy Nelson, Krupa, Ringo, Purdy, Ferrone, Robbie MacIntosh
I've been in a bunch of bands, backed some good folks. I'm a decent key player and sing lead and harmony and write and arrange songs.
Odd fact: I've been chased down by a police helicopter, pushed out of military helicopter
(Walking in Glen Park, S F, my wife and I and a Dalmatian, I have a large canteen with a shoulder strap. During the time of the S L A and Patty Hearst, apparently someone called the police and reported someone with a white dog carrying a gun. A chopper hovers over us and cops, guns drawn, come over a hill top. After determining that there was no gun and frisking me, ignoring the large Ozer in one pocket, they let us go)
( After 2 of our guitarists were drafted and killed in Viet Nam (RIP Greg Weisner and J R Arrington), bassman and I join Nat'l Guard, in advanced infantry training, I was an ammo bearer on a gun crew. Helicoptor benches had seat belts but, with a sleeping bag, pack, 200 rounds of 50 cal ammo, spare barrel, my weapon and ammo, no way the belt went around. Reservists weren't liked by the regular airbornos so, to send a little message, the guy who pushes troops out at a battle sight, gave me a little help about 30 feet in the air. Landing on a hillside I wasn't really hurt, my equipment all over the place, message received)
Noble&Cooley CD Maples, Sawtooth Bop and Rogers Memriloc, Black Beauty and N&C SSClassic snares, Zildjians
I started drumming after hearing Walk, Don't Run drum break, realized I could do it, then heard the drum breakdown in Get A Job by the Sillouettes, same but swung. My aunt Eva (her husband had been a drummer) heard me say I wanted to be a drummer, at her house. She went to her kitchen towel rack, pulled out 2 stick-sized dowels and I had sticks. I played along to the radio on the arm of a chair. When I put a hole in the chair arm, I got a 4x14 Ludwig Downbeat.
here's some fun at a forum fest a few years ago, playing Chris Jensens luddy's

Last edited:

xraystyle

Real name? Christie
Age? 31
How long have you been playing? 2+ months (lol)
Origin of user name? the song by Joe Strummer!
Your top 5 drummers? Kim HeeKwon (formerly of Galaxy Express), Dolly (No Brain), Lee SangHyuk (Crying Nut)...sorry I'm new to all of this, so these are the guys that I have actually paid attention to their drumming
Make of drumkit? varies (most people don't have their own kit here and instead just use what's at the practice room or venue)
Make of cymbal? varies (see above)
Where do you practice? a drum school in Seoul
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? covers since I've only just started
What style of music? playing classic rock (so much Bon Jovi...) but want to play punk
Favourite take out food? pad thai, pizza, salads
What country do you live in? South Korea
One really odd fact about yourself? I have won national sports championships (hurling & Gaelic football) on 2 continents
How did you start drumming? I used to play music (guitar, flute) in high school but have mobility issues with my fingers (broken often due to being a goalkeeper in soccer) so had to quit . When I moved to the artsy area of Seoul (Hongdae), I was going to live shows every friday/sat/sunday night and just got fixated on drumming because I thought it was something I'd be good at (lol). I also noticed that a lot of bands share drummers. Covid hit and all live shows were canceled, but all the schools and practice rooms are still open, so I jumped at the opportunity to learn...maybe by the time we have live shows again I'll be in a band...haha...

Good Karma

Real name? Christie
Age? 31
How long have you been playing? 2+ months (lol)
Origin of user name? the song by Joe Strummer!
Your top 5 drummers? Kim HeeKwon (formerly of Galaxy Express), Dolly (No Brain), Lee SangHyuk (Crying Nut)...sorry I'm new to all of this, so these are the guys that I have actually paid attention to their drumming
Make of drumkit? varies (most people don't have their own kit here and instead just use what's at the practice room or venue)
Make of cymbal? varies (see above)
Where do you practice? a drum school in Seoul
Are you in a band? no
Do you play covers or originals? covers since I've only just started
What style of music? playing classic rock (so much Bon Jovi...) but want to play punk
Favourite take out food? pad thai, pizza, salads
What country do you live in? South Korea
One really odd fact about yourself? I have won national sports championships (hurling & Gaelic football) on 2 continents
How did you start drumming? I used to play music (guitar, flute) in high school but have mobility issues with my fingers (broken often due to being a goalkeeper in soccer) so had to quit . When I moved to the artsy area of Seoul (Hongdae), I was going to live shows every friday/sat/sunday night and just got fixated on drumming because I thought it was something I'd be good at (lol). I also noticed that a lot of bands share drummers. Covid hit and all live shows were canceled, but all the schools and practice rooms are still open, so I jumped at the opportunity to learn...maybe by the time we have live shows again I'll be in a band...haha...
Welcome to drummerworld