Internet Jam

antmanbe

Hi folks.

My singer and I host a Jam night once a month at a local pub (check link)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Lee-Lous-Open-Mic-Jam-Night/121857024544829

I try to experiment with our nights trying new stuff to keep it a unique and fun experience. I try to get as many muso's jamming together as much as possible rather than band after band getting up all the time.

We have a great game we play called 'Jambola'. This for people to use our Facebook page to suggest song they want to play and hopefully other players learn the song and get together on the night to play it.

Now here is my idea for an internet jam... I want to try and use my laptop to link up a drummer with an e-kit and or other players with an internet connection to join in for a jam on the night. I have various audio interfaces and kit to make this work but have never tried it. Has anyone had success doing this??

The only drawback is I will be using a mobile internet connection but It is very fast.

Todd Rundgren had this vision in the 70's!! I

I know of lots of Internet Jamming software but I was thinking would it be possible through a conference call or video conference??

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section but you can check my bands you tube channel if you like!!

Cheers
AMB

http://www.youtube.com/user/EmpressRockBand

Thanks for your replies guys and gals!

This idea is open for all players of any instrument so tell your muso chums too please.

We hold the Jam night every 2nd Thursday at a local pub and it has been quite popular but sometimes people can't make it usually due to child care commitments. This gave me the internet jam idea.

Nearly everybody has an internet connection and with faster computers and faster data streaming it seems possible to partake in a jam night remotely.

The equipment needed I think would be an audio interface so you can balance the volume levels between the audio coming in and be able to monitor yourself.

It would be prudent to try this before the jam night to see how it all works out.

As for songs if you check our page on facebook you can see what songs have been suggested already in the Jambola or even put a suggestion forward yourself.

Message me if you want to discuss further and I will send my email.

Cheers

AMB
P.S.

Polly it sounds like you need to have a long holiday in the UK lol!

This would not be possible with conference call software, as it is not "real time", there is always a delay, even more so for software not intended for such collaboration. Check out http://www.eJamming.com It is the closest i have seen so far for online jams with people from around the world. I have jammed with a bassist in the UK, a guitarist in New York, and a keyboard player somewhere else, with me on an eKit, all at the same time. Forget about trying to put two drummers together across such a set up, it will not work until lightspeed is achieved with info transfer across the 'net. There will ALWAYS be a slight delay, but I found it was easy to work around. Jamming online was one of the first things I wanted to try when I got an eKit.

I've never tried ejamming, but I think it costs money. Another alternative however is NINJAM which is free.

You can jam with players from around the world. Here is a fun jam I had last January playing drums.

You can use the NINJAM standalone client or the ReaNinjam VST plugin in Reaper. You can even install your own private NINJAM server.

I've never tried ejamming, but I think it costs money. Another alternative however is NINJAM which is free.

You can jam with players from around the world. Here is a fun jam I had last January playing drums.

You can use the NINJAM standalone client or the ReaNinjam VST plugin in Reaper. You can even install your own private NINJAM server.

Thanks for that.

Yes, eJamming.com will cost after a 30(?) day trial.

I like free.

Back