Interesting kit build underway

Dude, I'd go ahead and have him install Slingerland hardware, badges, stamps, decals, whatever they come with and just not say anything to anyone about it...except us of course! Since you are using all Slingerland parts, including the tooling, I personally don't have an issue with calling this a Slingerland set. I just wouldn't be firing off anything to John Goode saying, "Lookie what I got! Ima breakin' the law! Durt durt durt!!!"

The only thing that would be weird I guess would be serial numbers, but those are usually only used for insurance purposes anyways a lot of the time (*waiting for a Slingerland expert to come in and correct me on this...).

The drums are still Slingy. DW owning a word has no impact on the drums being what they are.

If we were discussing finding the last factory Corvette in a warehouse, never assembled and in boxes, and it was assembled by an individual, it's still a Corvette.

If they are to be sold, it would be immoral to not disclose that these are not factory, rather built out of period correct NOS.

This is all just my opinion.

I agree with the rest; in my mind these are Slingerland Drums, and I wouldn't think twice about badging them as such. If that's the way you want to go, cool. If not, still cool. I feel like you've lucked into a unique situation, that would take some explaining if you ever decided to sell these, but in the end you will have a semi-custom set of drums and a cool story to go along with them.

The way I understand it, as long as he isn't selling drumkits with Slingerland badges, he can put any damn thing he wants on them.

Wrap is in. Now time to put them together!

A3385AF6-351D-41DD-BE0E-C0916A1B8946.jpeg

It is coming on together!

7DD7E19B-1EEF-4CCD-A124-9C7E0D7DD30E.jpeg2D91C1A7-2C21-41E9-8CA4-FD2DC9A71604.jpeg

Did Slingerland use lugs that look like this or are these something else? Same with the hoops, they arent stick savers.

I'm not super familiar with the whole Slingy line down the years, but I thought they only used one style of lug and stick saver hoops.

I do like how they look.

Did Slingerland use lugs that look like this or are these something else? Same with the hoops, they arent stick savers.

I'm not super familiar with the whole Slingy line down the years, but I thought they only used one style of lug and stick saver hoops.

I do like how they look.
No, those are lugs I picked along with 2.3 mm hoops. They came off of another kit I had built that was so poor in quality that I filed fraud charges against the builder. I won that case, got my money back, and used it to build this kit. I just retained the hardware off of that other kit to use on this one since I already had it and it would match the wrap I chose.

My new kit is finished! Conway era Slingerland Studio King shells with tube lugs and 2.3 mm hoops. 22x16 kick, 13x9, 15x15, and 18x16 toms. I get to pick it up this weekend!

B89EF18A-DF20-4569-8019-E4F5217ABB01.jpeg

The badge is not for me, but cool sizes and the wrap looks great! Enjoy!

That is a great looking wrap and also pics of the entire kit look great!

man, I would have had him make me one of each shell size that was available, just because!!!

what a lucky find though!!!!

Back