info/advice

Thee Cursed

What do you suggest is best for the clean/polish ? I just had a go with a spray in my cupboard for chrome taps ( looks just same has before but has a smell now haha

Woolwich

Silver Member
Nothing new to add, I can only agree that you've scored an absolute bargain and a great kit, snare and cymbals. In a used drum shop in the UK I wouldn't expect to pick up the 4 wood shells for that money and the snare is not the standard APK model either as far as I'm aware.

Thee Cursed

Basically It was in a garage and the house owner wanted rid ( its been there years and she was sick of it been in way ) Her son stopped playing drums years back and was putting on Ebay for £250 auction starting price... She didnt know this till after I said I would have it haha... The son not happy by all accounts but I paid what she said £250 :)... Snare drum I had a feeling was not the original with the kit drum... Im happy with it and glad I joined you guys who have kind of verified I did right thing...

Yamaha Rider

Basically It was in a garage and the house owner wanted rid ( its been there years and she was sick of it been in way ) Her son stopped playing drums years back and was putting on Ebay for £250 auction starting price... She didnt know this till after I said I would have it haha... The son not happy by all accounts but I paid what she said £250 :)... Snare drum I had a feeling was not the original with the kit drum... Im happy with it and glad I joined you guys who have kind of verified I did right thing...
Only Premier chrome survives living in a garage in the UK!

dale w miller

Silver Member
It looks like I guessed right. ;)

Al Strange

What do you suggest is best for the clean/polish ? I just had a go with a spray in my cupboard for chrome taps ( looks just same has before but has a smell now haha
This is what I do, but I strip down the whole thing and soak everything bar the hoops and shell in WD40 overnight (!); there’s more than one way to peel a banana...for hoops and shell I recommend a wash in fairy liquid with a microfibre cloth (preferably before you’ve washed the dishes!). Make sure you thoroughly dry with a paper towel (I wouldn’t wash the shell like this if you’re not gonna take off the lugs, butt plate and snare mech), then apply Brasso sparingly with a paper towel. Get all the brasso off with some serious elbow grease, then give it a buff with a clean dry microfibre cloth. Next apply rubbing compound with paper towel and again remove with serious elbow grease. Give it a buff with a clean dry microfibre cloth and apply WD40 with a duster. These are the products I use:

BC319D07-D9ED-4625-9DF6-81C49B43F517.jpeg