In search of a specific drum wrap

flamateurhour

I absolutely fell in love with a drum wrap that seems to (almost) exclusively show up on a limited run of Gretsch Broadkaster and Brooklyn series stuff. Because I already have a vintage Ludwig 3-ply kit, I don't feel a strong pull towards purchasing something comparably close, so spending >$2,000 USD on set because of the wrap seems like a strange move.

This line of logic has led me towards the idea of re-wrapping a set of drums with the Satin Flame, but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Do any of you have a wrap company that you use that maybe is hidden a ways down on Google results? I've looked into the major players and haven't had much success.

Thanks in advance.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"

https://www.delmarproducts.com/ (Not sure if they sell to the general public, but perhaps they could steer you to a dealer.)

I don't know if any of them do satin flames, but it's definitely the place to start.

mrmike

Silver Member
Has the vintage Ludwig already been modified? If not I would save the rewrap for another project. Maybe you could sell your kit and get the kit you want.

flamateurhour

https://www.delmarproducts.com/ (Not sure if they sell to the general public, but perhaps they could steer you to a dealer.)

I don't know if any of them do satin flames, but it's definitely the place to start.
Thanks for the resources! I've already checked out Jammin Sam and Bum Wraps but fingers crossed on the other two!

flamateurhour

Has the vintage Ludwig already been modified? If not I would save the rewrap for another project. Maybe you could sell your kit and get the kit you want.
It hasn't had any wrap modifications, but I did re-route the bearing edges, and they're no longer to spec of some of the vintage drums (I took the resonant bearing edge to a sharper 45* angle to open them up a bit). On top of that, they're a mismatch of late 60's stuff, so they aren't technically a matching set. I feel like I'd have a hard time selling them at this point.