In Praise of Customer Service

With all the negativity around poor customer service recently on this forum, I thought it wise just to post up my account of exceptionally good customer service.

I've been modifying an old 80's Pearl Export that I've had for a couple of years. It was gifted to me at the time but was in fairly poor condition - although the shells were still fine. I put the kit to use as a 16" bass 'bop' kit with 10" and 12" toms and I've used it this way for a while. I recently decided to re-cover them and I've been doing that for the last couple of days.

The kit in question was a seven piece so I have two more toms (and a bass drum, as well as a snare) to put into action. As a result, I needed to order a couple of parts - vent grommets and tension rods - for the other toms.

Yesterday, I went onto http://www.drumbuilder.co.uk and ordered some small parts from them. The prices were more than reasonable and I've had good luck with them in the past. This morning I received the parts! I ordered them in the early afternoon yesterday! I paid using PayPal and received a purchase confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the items and will certainly use them again in the future if I need any parts. The parts are very high-quality and I have nothing but good things to say about the service.

Has anybody else been surprised by a level of customer service like this? This strikes me as 'standard' practice for this company and there was no song and dance, just straightforward efficiency. Fantastic.

Awesome - I love hearing about customers being looked after.

I've personally had Evans show me fantastic service, as well as GAK and Mapex. I would recommend all of those businesses on the strength of their customer facing operation.

Similar to your story, I ordered my Speed Cobra double pedal from zzSounds back in Dec. (for ~$30 less than the usual going GC/MF rate). I ordered it Mon. afternoon, and it was on my doorstep when I woke up the next day (w/ whatever the free shipping option was). Unfortunately, I ordered it assuming it would take a few days -- I had to leave town for a few days hours after it arrived :(

Also, the ladies at the Chipotle in Hunt Valley MD are very friendly.

Last edited:
With all the negativity around poor customer service recently on this forum, I thought it wise just to post up my account of exceptionally good customer service.

I've been modifying an old 80's Pearl Export that I've had for a couple of years. It was gifted to me at the time but was in fairly poor condition - although the shells were still fine. I put the kit to use as a 16" bass 'bop' kit with 10" and 12" toms and I've used it this way for a while. I recently decided to re-cover them and I've been doing that for the last couple of days.

The kit in question was a seven piece so I have two more toms (and a bass drum, as well as a snare) to put into action. As a result, I needed to order a couple of parts - vent grommets and tension rods - for the other toms.

Yesterday, I went onto http://www.drumbuilder.co.uk and ordered some small parts from them. The prices were more than reasonable and I've had good luck with them in the past. This morning I received the parts! I ordered them in the early afternoon yesterday! I paid using PayPal and received a purchase confirmation email and a shipping confirmation email. I was pleasantly surprised to receive the items and will certainly use them again in the future if I need any parts. The parts are very high-quality and I have nothing but good things to say about the service.

Has anybody else been surprised by a level of customer service like this? This strikes me as 'standard' practice for this company and there was no song and dance, just straightforward efficiency. Fantastic.

What a nice post. People gripe and complain a lot so it's nice to hear of a story like this. Take nothing for granted.

I bought my new (to me) Tama Superstars from Starcraft Drumz off of eBay and they showed up almost a full week ahead of schedule. The guy did an above and beyond packing job that totally blew me away. I left him a positive feedback with a nice description, but due to character limitations in the feedback field, I felt compelled to write him an email telling him how awesome I thought he was.

Starcraft Drumz - "Bashin iz R passion"

(normally I wouldn't like all these alternate spellings, but in this case, it's really endearing. You should read his emails!)

Is that the same guy that has an old Ludwig kit up for 100 thousand bucks or something like that? hahaha

Back