In Case you haven't Seen This.....Bermuda

Bozozoid

Enjoy isn't even close..which I thoroughly did by the way and thank you Gruntersdad for this clip. I don't even know what to say. How many people can say things so interesting and in such an eloquent way that they overshadow the great Dom Famularo?. Bermuda..you are fuc---- amazing. I'm almost speechless. You are so informative..knowledgeable..intelligent..etc. I'm not just saying this..its truly from my heart. I had no idea. You need to be a talk show host..youd be fantastic. You were so poised and confident yet relaxing to listen to. If I don't stop now I'll be labeled a kiss ass but this is anything BUT that. I think of you in a totally different light now...WOW!.

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
Hope more will enjoy it. The Sessions Panel, on Youtube has a ton of great interviews. There is even one of Dom being interviewed.

Bozozoid

Dom is not only a world class motivational speaker he's a world class drummer!. I was just so impressed with how Bermuda (and you could see it) made Dom! comfortable in the interview. Another person although very different personally from Bermuda that impressed me with his on camera interviews is David Lee Roth. I'm STILL thinking about Bermudas demeanor in this interview you brought us. It made my entire day!. Just a beautiful interview.

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I remember hearing the debut of "Another One Rides the Bus" on the Demento show on radio station WYSP in Philadelphia I think it was.

It was definitely memorable. It sounded so imperfect compared to everything I was listening, that I immediately loved it.

I'm grateful for hearing that then, beings that I can actually talk with Bermuda 41 years later.

Much respect Jon and thanks John for posting it

BruceW

I remember hearing the debut of "Another One Rides the Bus" on the Demento show on radio station WYSP in Philadelphia I think it was.

It was definitely memorable. It sounded so imperfect compared to everything I was listening, that I immediately loved it.

I'm grateful for hearing that then, beings that I can actually talk with Bermuda 41 years later.

I am with you on this...I was there at the beginning, too...loving the Dr. D show, and Al's contributions. It really is pretty frickin cool to be able to interact with Bermuda here.

(On another cool side note, my childhood buddy that turned me onto the Dr. D show in the first place eventually made contact with the good Doctor, and has helped him with his annual "best of" shows...)

I look forward to checking this out when I get home from work.

bermuda

Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator
Staff member
Dom is not only a world class motivational speaker he's a world class drummer!. I was just so impressed with how Bermuda (and you could see it) made Dom! comfortable in the interview. Another person although very different personally from Bermuda that impressed me with his on camera interviews is David Lee Roth. I'm STILL thinking about Bermudas demeanor in this interview you brought us. It made my entire day!. Just a beautiful interview.

Thank you, and Dom is indeed a real personality in the business. I've known him for 20 or 30 years, and at the time the interview really felt like I was just having a nice conversation with him. It wasn't until I watched it later, and sat all the way through - which I never do with my interviews - that I realized it was among the best interviews I had done. It wasn't even like watching myself, I was just sort of watching these two guys talking and listening to every word like I hadn't heard them before. I'm very proud to have been included in the series. :)

Funny how it came about though, I was approached at NAMM by Jules Follett, the author of the Sticks & Skins book, and asked if I would do the interview. Of course I agreed, and she said 'good, they're waiting for you at the hotel around the corner!' I walked briskly over there, sat down, and we just started chatting!

incrementalg

Gold Member

Man, I remember as a kid staying up late with a radio in my bed listening to syndicated Dr. Demento shows...drove my parents nuts with my snickering...lol. My first introduction to Al and Mr. Bermuda as well!

newoldie

Silver Member
Saw this when it first came out several years ago and enjoyed it.
Watching it again now and enjoying it...

Repeat every 3 years:D

EssKayKay

I have seen this – love it. Jon seems like an absolute gentleman and a really great guy - no pretenses. I’m sure he would be not only great to work with but simply hang out with. Best to you Bermuda. . .

bermuda

Staff member
Thanks all for the nice words, I will continue to do my best to earn them!

Cmdr. Ross

Silver Member
Outstanding!
You would be a blessing to know in private life. (y)

Thanks Grunt for posting this!

Highway Child

Thoroughly enjoyed that and yes indeed as others have said Jon embodies "Pro" so well. A pukka great example for younger musicians being set right there. Hats off to Bermuda!...And also Dom for conducting a great interview.

bermuda

Staff member
And also Dom for conducting a great interview.

The host is key to a good interview, the right questions will result in the right answers. I'm used to answering the same 20-25 questions, and have fairly pat answers to those questions: what's your favorite song to play...how did you start playing drums... how did you meet Weird Al... etc etc. All fair questions and my responses are informative and hopefully don't sound rehearsed or tired.

But I recall that Dom ran some by me that were new, and made me think. I don't think that threw me or that I stumbled, but I got to say things that I rarely (if ever) get to say in interviews. It was really a great conversation that just happened to be taped. :)

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
Wouldn't it be funny to see Dom as a really nasty, angry drunk?

He is so positive and loveable that it's hard for me to fathom no counterweight lol

GruntersDad

Administrator - Mayor
Staff member
I know I've written this before, but I met dom at a drum clinic here in Florida, I walked into the music store, and there stood dom and member Paul Quin, who introduced me to Dom, and we talked for about 5 minutes, and it was like we were next door neighbors. Staight from the heart and so down to earth.