Image Attachments Size

Supergrobi

Honorary Member
Dear forum,

there have been reasonable complaints about the image attachment restrictions lately. Seems I eventually found a solution in the admin panel. You now have two options to attach images to your postings:
  1. Uploading not giving a dime: you can now upload whatever image at whatever size as attachment, letting the forums software take care of resizing the image. The maximum size is 2048x2048 pixels, keeping the aspect ratio of the original. Images bigger than that are resized automatically. This might result in a loss of detail due to the quality settings of the resize algorithm (full size images are not more than maybe 400kB after being resized). If you need higher quality images go with the second option:
  2. Uploading already resized images: Use a graphics software of your choice to resize the images before uploading. The maximum size is 2048x2048 pixels still, but you are allowed to upload images up to 2MB now, which lets you choose JPG quality settings of 98-99%, resulting in nearly no loss of detail. Please keep in mind that images bigger than the allowed maximum resolution are getting resized by the forums algorithm, too.
This solution should keep server load even lower than before, since most people will go for the first option - resulting in using maybe half of the file size, while users like e.g. @cbphoto now have the ability to present their images in a much higher quality than before, although this will most presumably be the minority of users.

Da goods...like I said!
(Now I gotta try) 4.45 MB
And I DON'T wanna see this pic popping up in any "Tom Angles" thread!
It's a work in progress.IMG_20210615_202831743_HDR.jpg
Wouldn't have let me do this before without cropping the heck out of it.

Last edited:
Dear forum,

there have been reasonable complaints about the image attachment restrictions lately. Seems I eventually found a solution in the admin panel. You now have two options to attach images to your postings:
  1. Uploading not giving a dime: you can now upload whatever image at whatever size as attachment, letting the forums software take care of resizing the image. The maximum size is 2048x2048 pixels, keeping the aspect ratio of the original. Images bigger than that are resized automatically. This might result in a loss of detail due to the quality settings of the resize algorithm (full size images are not more than maybe 400kB after being resized). If you need higher quality images go with the second option:
  2. Uploading already resized images: Use a graphics software of your choice to resize the images before uploading. The maximum size is 2048x2048 pixels still, but you are allowed to upload images up to 2MB now, which lets you choose JPG quality settings of 98-99%, resulting in nearly no loss of detail. Please keep in mind that images bigger than the allowed maximum resolution are getting resized by the forums algorithm, too.
This solution should keep server load even lower than before, since most people will go for the first option - resulting in using maybe half of the file size, while users like e.g. @cbphoto now have the ability to present their images in a much higher quality than before, although this will most presumably be the minority of users.

That's really awesome - that's always been my only real "complaint" (if you want to even call it that) - about DW. I typically just know I'm in for a minute or two of extra re-sizing, etc.

Great job!

Da goods...like I said!
(Now I gotta try) 4.45 MB
And I DON'T wanna see this pic popping up in any "Tom Angles" thread!
It's a work in progress.View attachment 105379
Wouldn't have let me do this before without cropping the heck out of it.
Your kit looks fun. Was this right after a full head change? Everything looks spotless.

Your kit looks fun. Was this right after a full head change? Everything looks spotless.
I don't really play a lot. I want to, but like yesterday, pre-bending 6 gage wire all week and when I get home, my hands hurt. I DID use 91 percent alcohol to clean the grease off of the hardware...it seems to have survived.
Also always trying to talk myself into playing my guitars and such.
But at least I can finally post pictures of my questionable setup.

Edit:
Probably notice two Evans logos on all my drums. Even though they are control sound heads (and reverse dot on the snare) I was still getting a bit of "ring", so they all have clear control rings too. The gold colored Pork Pie snare is my newest, I just got new heads for it and it's placement is still up in the air.
Most probably a tuning (batter vs reso) issue, but that's a different thread (TuneBot, Drum dial, general tuning).
As far as motivation...I always wanna play (while I'm jamming away at work) ,but...things...happen
This weekend I might have to take my mom to Pepin...her sister was not doing so well... a lot of back and forth to the Mayo Clinic. (a good 3 hr drive each way)

Last edited:
And I didn't have to crop it!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210616_101139708_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210616_101139708_HDR.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 20
Back