I'm really curious to see if you know the legendary David Garibaldi and Tower of Power

MntnMan62

Garibaldi is one of my favorite drummers. Here's an new tune for you to add to the list. My favorite tune from the new album, Step Up. I nominate Look In My Eyes to the list. Nice drumming by the way.

Garibaldi is one of my favorite drummers. Here's an new tune for you to add to the list. My favorite tune from the new album, Step Up. I nominate Look In My Eyes to the list. Nice drumming by the way.

Thanks! Man that song is a bomb! Actually it's so difficult to make a top 10 since there are so many super cool songs.

johnwesley

Silver Member
I rehearsed a couple times with a band that shared a practice space with Tower of Power in Richmond CA around 1968/69. Can't remember. Second night of practice TOP came in and kicked us out so they could get practiced for an upcoming show. Not sure if Garibaldi was their drummer then or not. Tell you what, they had a terrific horn section.

moodman

Nice playing, I can do the Oakland Stroke but can never get anywhere near the proper speed. Garibaldi is in a class by himself to me, incredible dynamic texturing and tasty playing. I find that dynamic texturing to be the hardest aspect of learning his stuff, and all his stuff takes some serious woodshedding. I have good dynamics overall on the kit but can only play at how he does it, not play it like he does.
I've done some gigs with Bruce Conte and Roger Smith, in a period when Bruce wasn't in TOP. Roger played keys in Bruce's Band at the time, 'Power Play' and later joined TOP when Bruce was back in, they have burned one in my van.
When Bruce sat in with my band at jams that we hosted, Bruce told my leader "When I get up, use your drummer"
made my day.

Last edited: