I'm out of gift ideas for myself

Jasta 11

Every year my family asks for gift suggestions that are drum related for combined my December Birthday and Christmas gift. Any suggestions for things I don't already have? I'm very fortunate that they got me a new pedal last year, new lightweight hardware the previous year and a new throne the year before. I just bought all new heads and i don't need any cymbals. I have a drum mat already and my stick bag is fine ( a gift from my wife's side of the family) Is a drum dial worth asking for? I tune by ear and no one complains. I hate to ask for something I won't use. I also don't want to ask for a dozen pairs of sticks or some other consumable. What types of gift idea do other drummers ask for??

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Cowbell and tambourine. My wife got me the LP combo pack last year and I use the crap out of it. Plus, all drummers know that a cowbell is sonic panty remover! Your wife will love it.😁😁😁

evilg99

Platinum Member
My standard smart ass answer to "what do you buy someone who has everything ?" is....something to put it all in.
So maybe cases/bags/briefcase/backpack etc ?

johnwesley

Silver Member
You mentioned your wife, so I guess chicks are out as gifts, although most of the drummers I know want 'em. Maybe a drummers helmet in case you fall off your throne?

justadrummer

My wife and I have this discussion every year about this time. I have no idea what to suggest to her this year.

Music related, but not drum related, she did pre-buy a copy of Geddy Lee's "Big, Beautiful, Bass Book" and a ticket to have it signed by him at a book signing next weekend. (I'm a bassist, as well as a drummer.)

Jeremy Bender

Platinum Member
Quality hearing protection? Or do you already have something you use?
Gift certificate to a drum shop in your area?
A nice book on drum history/ collectible drums (if you're into it) ?

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
What else are you into? Don't limit yourself to just drum stuff. My wife has a default for me if there is no drum stuff I want/need/is available. Dachshund anything. If it has Weiner dogs on it, it's good to go. Surely you have something like this?

How about a hi hat side floor tom?

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
Buy yourself a decent stereo with a record player (no Walmart Crosley mess either), and you'll never run out of things for people to buy you. Want to get me something? Get me a record. Here's my list. :)

yammyfan

I think a Tune-Bot would be a great gift. Highly recommended (y) (y)

The Gibraltar Quick Release Clutch is handy, too.

Advinghelli

"Maybe a drummers helmet in case you fall off your throne?"

That's hilarious. Someone, somewhere, at some time certainly did need one.