I'm on a roll....

gregcon

I needed some brass for my new/old Slingerland set, recently picked up. I hunted the 'bay and grabbed a 20" A Zildjian medium ride and a 17" thin crash. They showed up yesterday. Beautieful sound and a nice patina. I'm quite happy with them. Today, a set of 70s 14" hats should show. I hope my luck continues! I'll have all 3 for less than a set of new hats. Used cymbals are a great deal, IMO.

Yep, used is the way to go. I have 29 (last count) pies, and all were bought used. My ratio on used "pro" cymbals is $10 an inch. I rarely go over that, but occasionally, if I really want something, I will. I've pulled in so many good/great deals that it all averages out waaaay less than $10 an inch.​

My 70s hats showed today. Nice shape. Thinner or somehow less substantial than today's hats? That's my guess, with no direct comparison. They have a nice chick to them though. We'll see how they perform, if I ever finish getting this kit together. Actually, a day or two and I should be there! Pics to follow.

Back