I'm giving away a black beauty snare drum, here.

I guess I was too excited about winning to be mindful of protocol.

It's a beautiful thing to witness :)

Excited? Ya think?!? Imagine a puppy - tail going like 60 and whizzing on the floor. Yeah, that'd be me.

I think yer all good, Mike.

I've been travelling for the last two days, so only just chiming in on this amazing thread. Huge congratulations to all who are in receipt of Larry's extraordinary generosity, & special props to Rotarded for embracing the love. I can't remember such a good feeling here since the Leo story.

Larry, you're a complete star, you deserve special treatment, so now some of that good karma coming back your way.

Your prize - UK drum show 2017, if we can confirm your travel arrangements ASAP, you'll be staying in this suite (pictured) in the luxurious & historic Midland Hotel for the Friday & Saturday nights, with all costs covered. Additionally, you'll have full VIP access both days of the show including priority tickets to all / any of the main stage performances & masterclass clinics, plus offsite invite only events.

Did I respond fast enough? Count me in brother! Holy crap, is that place nice! I was going to contact you soon about the arrangements anyway. Golly gee thanks Andy, I'll take it!

And thank you all for your kind words, it's a bit overwhelming. It's really friggin cool. I'll PM you with a few Q's in a bit.

Thanks again Andy, again you prove that you're my hero. And I get to stay with Madge and Glyn, Boomka is going to try to make it down...who know who else will show?

Wowza! Thanks, Larry! This is an amazing act of generosity on your part and I'm left both stunned and speechless. Dang man, that's a pretty high bar you've set.

Did I mention how stoked I am to be getting your Bronze Sensitone? I've been lusting after a bronze snare for years, so I'm super excited to play it! Sensitones are beasts! And with an SKB case, too? Damn, that's more awesome than I can find words for. Man ...

To pay it forward and to help maintain the spirit of generosity, I will pass my 5.5x14 Brass Sensitone on to some lucky winner shipped right to your door ...

Edit:
Larry, do you want to pick who gets my brass Sensi? I suppose it might not have the sex appeal of a BB, but still, it's a great drum in great shape, so it really should go to someone deserving that can make good use it.

Plus, as Smoke kindly reminded me, this is your show, Larry ...

Mike, it's been my show long enough. As much as I appreciate the gesture, why don't you pick. It's your snare. Plus I already picked for Robert which took a big weight off my shoulders.

I really wanted Al and Lefty to share in the bounty.

So I'm good. It's all yours brother. It will be more interesting that way.

Well I just got word that I'm receiving the LM 303. I'm really excited. I don't have much of a story to justify winning, but I'm glad I did. I didn't really expect to. When I realized that I did win (Larry had to point that out to me) I kept saying out loud "wow I can't believe it, wow" and I was laughing also, extremely happy. Larry is extremely cool to do this give away. I've mailed old Yamaha catalogues to a forum member for free before, but this is way beyond that. So to the two of you, thank you so very much. I'll give the drum a good home. I may have to make up a little snare video and put it up. I don't know good it'll be because I usually don't play snare passages, but I think one is in order. We'll see.

Last edited:
Wowza! Thanks, Larry! This is an amazing act of generosity on your part and I'm left both stunned and speechless. Dang man, that's a pretty high bar you've set.

Did I mention how stoked I am to be getting your Bronze Sensitone? I've been lusting after a bronze snare for years, so I'm super excited to play it! Sensitones are beasts! And with an SKB case, too? Damn, that's more awesome than I can find words for. Man ...

To pay it forward and to help maintain the spirit of generosity, I will pass my 5.5x14 Brass Sensitone on to some lucky winner shipped right to your door ...

Edit:
Larry, do you want to pick who gets my brass Sensi? I suppose it might not have the sex appeal of a BB, but still, it's a great drum in great shape, so it really should go to someone deserving that can make good use it.

Plus, as Smoke kindly reminded me, this is your show, Larry ...
Congratulations, Mike. Nice to see good things happen to cool people. :)
Now, I'm a little confused. You already have a brass Sensitone, but you are getting one from Larry and giving the one you have to somebody? I'm not asking for one, don't get me wrong, I just got a brass Slingy myself. I'm just lost here.
Edit: Oh, I see now. Larry is giving you a bronze one. Whew, that went right over my head.

Last edited:
Well I just got word that I'm receiving the LM 303. I'm really excited. I don't have much of a story to justify winning, but I'm glad I did. I didn't really expect to. When I realized that I did win (Larry had to point that out to me) I kept saying out loud "wow I can't believe it, wow" and I was laughing also, extremely happy. Larry is extremely cool to do this give away. I've mailed old Yamaha catalogues to a forum member for free before, but this is way beyond that. So to the two of you, thank you so very much. I'll give the drum a good home. I may have to make up a little snare video and put it up. I don't know good it'll be because I usually don't play snare passages, but I think one is in order. We'll see.

I think all of us ought to post videos of our new treasures. The generosity, after a day at work, is still just blowing my mind. I hope you don't get sick of hearing thank yous on this thread!

Great to see all the generosity in this thread. Well done to Larry and all the other kind souls. Much respect to you all.

Also congrats to the winners!!

Great stuff.

Great to see all the generosity in this thread. Well done to Larry and all the other kind souls. Much respect to you all.

Also congrats to the winners!!

Great stuff.

And here I thought this thread was over! I've never seen a community like this and most definitely not online. :)

I think all of us ought to post videos of our new treasures. The generosity, after a day at work, is still just blowing my mind. I hope you don't get sick of hearing thank yous on this thread!

I definitely plan on posting an unpacking video of the Supra... I'll make sure you see more of the drum than me - I wouldn't want you all to go blind. :)

Larry named his Guru's Yolanda and I've decided to name this baby "Larry!" Yes, when the desire strikes me, I'll just give "Larry" a good whack on the head.

I'm so excited, I feel kinda guilty.

This thread turned out much better than I expected it too. I think it's great you guys took it upon yourself to perpetuate the momentum. That's why this place is like the template from which all forums....or any other social thing, could be based on. We rock!

And thank you all for all the nice words. It's a lot to take...in a good way of course... for someone who is not used to so much love. Thank you all so much. You can stop now lol.

Holy %$^&... This thread was real? I was sure it was a part of a weird dream..... Wait, what if I'm dreaming right now about posting about this thread that might exist in a dream? One time my aunt had a dream that she won the lottery and then she was a total %#$^ to us for the whole day while we visited. My nephews had better hope this isn't a dream, or a dream about a dream.

I'm going to leave this here and come back tomorrow. If it's still spinning, then I'll know this must be a dream and I should wake up.
tumblr_n7cfzxWpFL1tq2qiuo1_500.gif

Just an FYI, I plan on shipping 4 snares on Wednesday 12/7.

The Luds will go out next Monday 12/12, I have to arrange a bass drum case.

Thanks to everyone for all of your patience.

Just an FYI, I plan on shipping 4 snares on Wednesday 12/7.

The Luds will go out next Monday 12/12, I have to arrange a bass drum case.

Thanks to everyone for all of your patience.

Are you kidding? As far as I'm concerned, you have literally as much time as you need pal. Thank you x 1quadrillionbillion

Good man Larry. Thank you for allowing us all to once again see that giving is always better than receiving. Interesting though...when we give, we also always receive.

Back