I'm Floored!!!

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
I was talking with a fairly new friend this morning. He didn't know I played drums and I didn't know he played guitars. As we talked he told me he had picked up a bass guitar just to learn how to play one. I said, "Me too. I picked up a bass during the pandemic after watching Lee Sklar's YouTube Channel." He said, "Really? That's exactly how I got interested in learning to play bass by watching Lee's YouTube Channel." He asked me where I got my Dingwall Bass from and I told him I got it from Ish Guitars in New York. He said, "Me too! I got my P Bass at Ish Guitars." So he shows up at my house this afternoon and walks in with a Fender molded hard case. I figured Show & Tell Time was going down hard. Long story short, he gifts me his mint Fender American Elite P-Bass. I'm floored!!!

FenderAmericanEliteP-Bass.jpg

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

that is crazy!!!!

I got my 89 Fender Jazz bass in the same way, sort of!

NouveauCliche

I was talking with a fairly new friend this morning. He didn't know I played drums and I didn't know he played guitars. As we talked he told me he had picked up a bass guitar just to learn how to play one. I said, "Me too. I picked up a bass during the pandemic after watching Lee Sklar's YouTube Channel." He said, "Really? That's exactly how I got interested in learning to play bass by watching Lee's YouTube Channel." He asked me where I got my Dingwall Bass from and I told him I got it from Ish Guitars in New York. He said, "Me too! I got my P Bass at Ish Guitars." So he shows up at my house this afternoon and walks in with a Fender molded hard case. I figured Show & Tell Time was going down hard. Long story short, he gifts me his mint Fender American Elite P-Bass. I'm floored!!!

View attachment 108426

Classic sound - nice man - way cool!!!

Vintage Old School

Gold Member
Lee Sklar makes me want to play bass. He's almost magical..let me restate that...he IS magical. Play that bass the way bass was meant to be played...like Lee Sklar.

Isn't that the truth?

felonious69

Only time I ever bought a P bass, I got it used, for an ex GF... I really miss that bass... she doesn't even play... just at the time thought she might want to learn.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
Only time I ever bought a P bass, I got it used, for an ex GF... I really miss that bass... she doesn't even play... just at the time thought she might want to learn.
Got a beautiful blue Ibanez Mikro hanging on the wall for that same reason. My wife has said from the get go that she wants to learn to play bass. I'm the only one who even touches the thing.

someguy01

Then I went and bought my wife the Epiphone version of the SG and she uses it whenever she has a moment (which is exceedingly rare these days) at the same time I had her Danelectro cleaned and tuned up and it now hangs unused as a memory of her daughter (my wife bought it when they both went to learn to play)

felonious69

All my favorite musixes started out mostly because of the guitar dudes. Now... I think because mainly Bonzo... and mainly because Chris Squire... I really love drums and bass...throw in the likes of Rick Wakeman....well!