I'm coming to America.

Some more outdoors recommendations:

If you're going up to Oregon, you can probably hit Craters of the Moon Nat'l Monument in Idaho as well as Crater Lake Nat'l Park in Oregon. Maybe even get in a day hike on the Pacific Crest Trail while you're there!

seriously....don't go to Walmart....not on a first trip. There are so many better thigns to do with your time...

and real quick.....why Salt Lake City? What is taking you there of all places?

Walmart is hilarious. It's better than going to the zoo.

and the zoo is probably cleaner....though, I have never been in a Walmart, so I am only going by the videos

You won't see any Grizz here. Black bears can be seen. We've had record snowfall this year. Drought the year before. Lots of flooding now.
SLC is a place you can Ski in the morning and Golf in the evening.

Walmart is hilarious. It's better than going to the zoo.

IMG_4554.jpeg

IMG_4555.jpeg

IMG_4556.jpeg

IMG_4557.jpeg

Moved my third daughter into college this past year . Walmart was in her two older sisters college towns and is where we’d have to go for a lot of things for them and this one included . The above actually pale in comparison to all the things I’ve seen in Walmart over the last 10 years . 3 more years to go and having a front row seat to the greatest show on earth every time I step foot in the Walmart 😂. And it gets more and more bizarre with each trip into the place 😳

Ben , have a great trip to the U.S , and if you head into Walmart don’t forget your penicillin 😂

Last edited:
You yanks are just like us aussies in some ways - always prepared to take the piss out of each other - it’s one of the many things I like about this forum.

'kn oath basset......'kn oath.

Deadset, I love the banter as well mate.

They are top Blokes and Sheila's.

Had to insert some Aussie-nisms.

True story. About 15 years ago, I was stationed in Florida, with a Walmart as pretty much the only place to shop at in town. When my girlfriend visted, I warned her that this Walmart was a little weirder than others. (Sorry, Florida, but it's true!)

I told we would probably see a neck tattoo, a mullet, exposed underwear, and a camo jacket within the first 30 seconds. Well, it only took 10 seconds to see all 4 things...ALL on the same person!!

I’m about to spend my last night in a hotel after seven weeks of road-tripping around the US. In my opinion, the Utah national parks are some of the world’s most beautiful and amazing places. Arches, Zion, and Canyonlands are especially astonishing. We probably have six major cities worth visiting if you can fly into them but the National Parks in that region are incredible and the roads between them are also incredible. A single $80 annual pass will get a carload of people into as many national parks as you can squeeze into your time here.

DM me if you want detailed recommendations. Also, If you’re heading up to Oregon, the Pacific Coast Highway from north of San Francisco on up is remarkably beautiful and the redwoods at places like Humboldt state park are awe inspiring.

Hey did anyone respond "today?" to this? If not I regard this as a collective failure. I blame myself as much as anyone.

THAT SIR......is EXACTLY what I was waiting for......"FARrrrr we been travellin' far......... searching for the elusive "Australian Moth."
Enjoy the states sir. Have a Great trip.

I’m about to spend my last night in a hotel after seven weeks of road-tripping around the US. In my opinion, the Utah national parks are some of the world’s most beautiful and amazing places. Arches, Zion, and Canyonlands are especially astonishing. We probably have six major cities worth visiting if you can fly into them but the National Parks in that region are incredible and the roads between them are also incredible. A single $80 annual pass will get a carload of people into as many national parks as you can squeeze into your time here.

DM me if you want detailed recommendations. Also, If you’re heading up to Oregon, the Pacific Coast Highway from north of San Francisco on up is remarkably beautiful and the redwoods at places like Humboldt state park are awe inspiring.
Absolutely agree - Arches , Zion , Canyonlands are some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world. Just jaw dropping.

Back