Igoe 14-day Challenge

Hewitt2

Any of you doing it? I did day 1 yesterday and watched his livestream via Instagram. If you missed it he left it up on his feed.

Each day has its own assignment with a daily requirement to do the lifetime warm-up 3X daily at slow/middle/fast tempos. Looks like the lessons are structured so that all skill levels can be similarly engaged.

These are free group lessons with a world renowned educator so definitely worth your while. He’s doing his part to ensure we are all staying indoors and nevertheless still building technique and having fun with our instrument.

Thanks for the heads-up! Tommy is great.

I've been doing this since day one and Tommy's livestreaming lifetime warmups are my favorite shelter-in-place activity right now. I look forward to them and they keep my mind (and hands) busy. And yes, I've done all the homework assignments and three warmups per-day every day thus far.

me too - the three warm-ups per day are awesome. Try to mix it up a bit too with feet and move accents around to increase the level of difficulty

Did you guys see the "secret menu" stuff he's posted with some additional exercises that normally he only shared with private students? Cool stuff he put up on his Instagram.

Yes the singles grid is really interesting. Reminds me of a more condensed version of the stone killers.

Yes the singles grid is really interesting. Reminds me of a more condensed version of the stone killers.
It's just a variation of Jeff Queen's more straight ahead playthrough. Probably ubiquitous in drumlines.

I didnt' know he was doing this.. BUT his great hands for life or whatever it was called is one of the best things i have ever seen for drumming.. helped me a ton.

I've been wondering how this works? I keep seeing him on Facebook talking about it. I click on the title with the number sign but nothing really happens.
I've been doing the lifetime warm up from his DVD but that's separate from the internet.

Last edited:
I've been wondering how this works? I keep seeing him on Facebook talking about it. I click on the title with the number sign but nothing really happens.
I've been doing the lifetime warm up from his DVD but that's separate from the internet.

He live streams at certain times each day. He has done straight run throughs of the lifetime warm up as well as altering them with other rudiments or extending the time for the warm up.

Third week cooped up! So took a drive alone down the road to find a spot in the middle of nowhere.
Just the pad with an mp3 player and the motivation to improve my hands.

_RPD3006_00001.jpg

Last edited:
I'm still working through his Great Hands video. I get to the group play along sections and get intimidated because I can't keep up with one (or more) of the things at more than moderate tempo. I put it in my practice routine and come back a month or two later. The problem tends to be left hand lead stuff for me... I like his style though, sort of mocking people/instructors who get too hung up on the latest fads.

Back