If your drums could talk, what would they say?

Oh. It's you. You must not be working today playing with those other whores

You're implying that your drums are whores?

I can imagine them saying....You've beaten on us forever, we gave you carpel tunnel syndrome as our parting gift, just for you.

'You can set up between the cigarette machine and the ladies'.
Ha, yes :)

I can imagine them saying....You've beaten on us forever, we gave you carpel tunnel syndrome as our parting gift, just for you.
Ouch - topical, harsh, yet worryingly funny (at poor Bo's expense) ;) As a point of clarification, "forever" in Bo drums speak is a little over 6 weeks ;) ;) ;)

I just told my drums I might need to practice on them for a few minutes tomorrow. As I walked away, I heard mutterings of "bit excessive isn't it".

Whenever I want some company
Whenever I need a song to play
Whenever my love is sitting by me
And when I can't find the words to say

I let the drums do the talking​

Nik Kershaw - Drum Talk (1984)

Ha, yes :)

Ouch - topical, harsh, yet worryingly funny (at poor Bo's expense) ;) As a point of clarification, "forever" in Bo drums speak is a little over 6 weeks ;) ;) ;)

I just told my drums I might need to practice on them for a few minutes tomorrow. As I walked away, I heard mutterings of "bit excessive isn't it".

Yea, at 6 months, Bo sends his drums out to pasture.

Stop the presses, hold the phones...Andy, is it true? Are you really going to practice? It does seem a little excessive. :) And you talk to your drums? How wacky lol.

Mine would probably say

"take these goddamn pads of me and let me sing"

Or

"Seriously you always play me hard and fast, why cant you slow down and be gentle for once"

You may consider Dr Watso's option, if they're muffled at least you won't have to hear the sarcastic remarks :)
Muffle? Sorry ---- don't compute ----- shutting down ------- DOOooooobip

Yea, at 6 months, Bo sends his drums out to pasture.

Stop the presses, hold the phones...Andy, is it true? Are you really going to practice? It does seem a little excessive. :) And you talk to your drums? How wacky lol.
Yes Larry - thoughts of practice - a momentary lapse of composure ;) May I remind you unc', compared to what you have in mind for your first night with the drums, talking to the Gurus is fairly mild ;)

I bet with the gurus, they not only talk to you but they probably sing to you also.
Yes, like whale song, only perfect 5 part harmonies :)

" Why don't you play me anymore? "

" Why did you leave me for this other girl!? She's totally fake you know! "

(got an E-kit a while ago. I think my acoustic kit is jealous)

...I apologize in advance, retroactively.

Attachments

• not so good.jpg
    not so good.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 177
The birds gotta sing. The fish gotta swim. Larry gotta banter. Anon gotta banter too. Bo gotta change kits.

Funny thing this thread - the transactional analysis guys would go to town with this premise because most of us seem to attribute the drums as a critical parent figure, chastising us for being our usual flawed selves :)

"Would you at least get some coated heads please? Just for privacy's sake, we feel so exposed, man!"

That's what my Vistalites would say.

"I know you think I'm gorgeous, I just don't feel the same about you"

Funny thing this thread - the transactional analysis guys would go to town with this premise because most of us seem to attribute the drums as a critical parent figure, chastising us for being our usual flawed selves :)

Very true Grea, the beauty of it being we're the one who's deciding what our drums would say if they could talk, the best auto-critic thread? it might be :)

Attachments

• Critical parent figure.jpg
    Critical parent figure.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
No worries. I work in entertainment. My skin's pretty thick. Like Larry's head ;)

That's actually a compliment, thanks. Thick skulls are good for butting heads. So you can call me a first class butt head

Back