if you where to go back and change one thing in your life what would it be and why?

if you are a drummer how many hours a day do you play?

• 15 minutes

• an hour

• 2 hours

• 30 minutes

• 20 minutes

• ten minutes

• till I get splinters

• 0 hours

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'd care for my mother who miserably pegged out at the age of 62 because of myeloid displasia. At that time I've been too busy with my own being to really get what was going on - and all of a sudden she was gone. One of the darkest spots in my life.

BTW one option is missing: "I don't practice atm because of defrost water flooded my studio so currently we have to rebuild all the rehearsal rooms, the lobby, the toilets and the studio first"

I almost never play drums at home. I do practice playing an acoustic guitar because I want to write songs. If I could change something in my past, I would have invested money when in my twenties. Why? Because I would have made plenty of money by now (age 64). Peace and goodwill.

I’ve never actually gotten a drumming-splinter, but I practice longer than 2hrs/day. My daily practice time is flexible and varies greatly depending on my school workload each week. Lately, I’ve been doing about 2hrs/day on drum-set. I’ve had periods doing more, as well as much, much less. This is in addition to about 30min on the pad and 2hrs on marimba. Timpani and multiple-percussion for an hour two days a week. This is all going to take a major down turn in the next few weeks as we approach finals season.

Does visualization count as practice in your poll?(it does as far as skill progression...not even a question)

I think I would have worried less about money and simply did what I am best at...I bet money would be less an issue because of that decision...but who knows? Hindsight isn't truly 20/20...its illusory.

Last edited:
Nothing -changing any one event would change my life upto now Sure I screwed up a bunch but I’m was just an excitable boy -And it’s a Pearl thing. So I’m pretty happy with outcome. If I wanted to be famous I could have been-like DB Cooper or maybe the fella who shot Jimmy Hoffa but no I chose the middle path - not the road least traveled. Got lost but here I am and no one knows who I am except maybe FBI. So I couldn’t change a thing I’d screw that up too. Like if I never got married at 31 I’d probably have died from too much fun before now ROFL. No I had it anyways. I eventually plan to be cremated but want a stone in family plot . Maybe “Art was a rolling stone who gathered no moss and died of too much fun.” Sounds perfect

Last edited:
Oh practice- 1-2 hours .usually time flies and seems short- my wife tells me how long I go. Almost everyday but lately, like two weeks , it’s been shorter. I haven’t felt inspired - other things have caught my attention so distracted. I’m like a blood hound once on the scent I’m gone man

Last edited:
I would have kept drawing, rather than giving it up entirely when I was a kid. I was, I think, slightly above average--not terribly so, just slightly--for a 10-year-old, but one day I got frustrated and just stopped and now I have trouble with stick figures.

I mean, ideally, I would have bought a lot of Microsoft stock in the late 80s, and Apple stock in the mid-90s and bitcoin in 2009. But those seem slightly less realistic, I suppose.

Nothing drum related, I'd liked to have sat with my Grandad and spoken with him about his time during the Second World War, he was in the Royal Marines 1940-45 demobbed in 46. I was only 13 when he died and you don't really understand at that age!

He never spoke about it, never got his medals. Only thing he kept was uniform buttons and shoe polishing brushes which are still going strong.....and a .303 clip. My mom got his medals and war records after he died.

I had a bunch of family members who served in WWII and none spoke of it. I had a mentor Prof who served in Normandy and told me about some of it- stated he had never talked about it. I was honored

BTW one option is missing: "I don't practice atm because of defrost water flooded my studio so currently we have to rebuild all the rehearsal rooms, the lobby, the toilets and the studio first"
⬇️ This place?? 😵

index.php

Back