If you had a Drum Shop Credit?

I have what I want/need as far as kits, cymbals and hardware, I do need gear.
Normally I would do this independently but for the sake of OP and ‘store credit’.

I would probably just have to wait but, I would keep it there and ‘reserve’ for something that is of renown, hopefully my credit would be from a vintage or pro shop, or maybe I’m overthinking into these caveats.

My first love for vintage drums were the 60s Ludwig Hollywood with baseball bat muffler knobs in Champ Sparkle. 22” 12” 13” 16” with matching snare.

If they weren't excluded, cymbals and hardware and absolutely how I would spend it. (Probably entirely on cymbals, and maybe add a tiny bit to it.)

But since they are excluded, I think I'd spend roughly 2k on a Pearl Crystal Beat and the remainder on a Ludwig Supraphonic and/or a Black Beauty, depending upon how much was left.
Helluva choice!

My only question is - why not get matching snare?
The Pearl CB free floating snare is pretty serious in its own right.
I say acrylic is very much like aluminum as far as dryness but brighter!

Last edited:
My only question is - why not get matching snare?
The Pearl CB free floating snare is pretty serious in its own right.
I say acrylic is very much like aluminum as far as dryness but brighter!

Well, I figured I'd get the Crystal Beat 5-piece shell pack, but then would add at least the 8" tom. But maybe you're right, and I should then add the Crystal Beat snare. So many choices with all my imaginary dollars!

But mainly because I've always wanted a Supraphonic and/or Black Beauty but neither have been (or very likely will be) within my budget--until it turns out I suddenly got 3k worth of store credit and had to spend it on drums! :)

But mainly because I've always wanted a Supraphonic and/or Black Beauty but neither have been (or very likely will be) within my budget--until it turns out I suddenly got 3k worth of store credit and had to spend it on drums! :)
Hey far be it from me to tell you where your hard earned credit should be spent ?

As for the snare choice - I thought that was the case and I don’t blame ya!
Would you go the 70s imperial lug model BB ($$$) or for Supra would you go new or 70s 6.5”($$$)?

I already have a Crystal Beat set, so I don't need one ;)

But I would like a matching Crystal Beat snare, but they're so god damn expensive, so I'd probably get that. Maybe a nice maple Sonor snare as well.

Maybe with my remaining $1800 or so I can get a set of 2002s or Giant Beats. Or go practical, get a Mallet Station as well as some useful misc. percussion I don't have, like bongos.

If it's a vintage drum shop:
Ocheltree snare Spirit of 2002 in 5" and 6,5".
Sonor Signature bronze snare with copper hardware in 6,5".
Sonor Lite double bass set in Rosewood finish.
Roto toms from 6" to 18".
Ludwig Supra Phonic LM402 snare, without pitting!

Oops, that's getting close to 3000$...;)

Last edited:
I’m updating my original response to be a bit more specific, I’m going for the 4 piece Gretsch USA Custom River Cyprus. 12,16,22 and the matching snare. Perfect I’m done now.

5 or 6 Zildjian Light K's. Heads and sticks. My Renown are fine for me.

Gotta have a vintage sonor kit but am torn between the sky blue strata or the red. And Tony's going to contact me the Istanbul rides arrive. The 20 that Ben is playing on my cymbal.com blew my circuits.

I'm so damn happy with what I've got now - I'd just replace the toms REMO Empereor coated with some nice Evans heads and would hand the rest of the money to a lower secondary school or a juvie.

...I think I could have some fun.

Back