If I were to buy an Iron Cobra Power Glide...

jondrumming

...what would happen if I swapped out the chain for a strap? Would the offset cam work in the same way? Or would it mess with the action of the strap drive?

Deathmetalconga

Platinum Member
...what would happen if I swapped out the chain for a strap? Would the offset cam work in the same way? Or would it mess with the action of the strap drive?
I converted a couple of DW 5000s from chain to strap. I've never played Tama pedals but I don't think they would be very different. I purchased a couple of conversion kits.

614Drums

I concur, they offer a heap of power anyway because of the ease of stroke caused by the strap.
I think what he is getting at is why not just buy a flexi-glide from the get go instead of messing around with all of this DIY conversion.
I am pretty sure the offer bother the Power and Fines cams on the strap-drive version I think it's rolling and gliding cam?

JT1

Silver Member
I think what he is getting at is why not just buy a flexi-glide from the get go instead of messing around with all of this DIY conversion.
I am pretty sure the offer bother the Power and Fines cams on the strap-drive version I think it's rolling and gliding cam?
I know that is why i have just said that i agree.

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
If you do the conversion, while you've got the shaft out, change the stock bearings with NINJA bearings, give us a report.