IEM's

coreybennett

Hi everyone, a few questions that I'm curious about.

I haven't used IEM's live but I was contemplating this, nor am I the most educated in them. I play in a thrash band at the moment and currently at gigs it's quite hard to get a wedge so I can hear, and when I do the sound engineer is normally pretty shit haha... I was wondering if I could possibly get a transmitter and receiver and play a click that I've made through cubase to my headphones? (Without the use of a laptop).

This would make my life allot easier and give the band that extra tightness that were looking for.

Much appreciated:)l

alparrott

Platinum Member
Hi everyone, a few questions that I'm curious about.

I haven't used IEM's live but I was contemplating this, nor am I the most educated in them. I play in a thrash band at the moment and currently at gigs it's quite hard to get a wedge so I can hear, and when I do the sound engineer is normally pretty shit haha... I was wondering if I could possibly get a transmitter and receiver and play a click that I've made through cubase to my headphones? (Without the use of a laptop).

This would make my life allot easier and give the band that extra tightness that were looking for.

Much appreciated:)l

A much simpler way to go is to get a small personal mixer. Route the house signal in one channel (and make sure you have a limiter on the line); patch a click in on another channel (I use the tape input jacks on my Yamaha mixer and use a click on my phone). A good small personal mixer sets you back maybe $100 and you can set it on a stool or a case if need be (I use an extra snare stand). No need to transmit or receive anything, and why get Cubase involved?

Nictarine

Silver Member
If all you want in your ears is a click track to play along with you need a headphone amp, earbuds, an iPod or your phone with the click tracks you're going to play along and the cable to connect your ipod/phone/whatever to your headphone amp. I use a Behringer P1 headphone amp and it would be perfect for something like this.

I have this gig tray that I have mounted on my hi hat stand that holds my headphone amp, mixer, drum key, etc
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/drums-percussion/rhythmtech-mountable-gig-tray