iDrums, SmartDrums, Whatever

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
When will technology hit the drum set? What should it do? And I'm not talking electronic drums. I'm talking drums that Bluetooth to your phone and tell you which head is out of tune and which lug to turn, which heads need changing, any malfunctioning piece of hardware, autocorrected snare wire tension, etc. Imagine your snare head doubling as a touch screen that has your set list or sheet music. Even a throne that can save the seat height for multiple users on a shared kit would be awesome.

I don't see this happening, but why not? We have smart phones, cars, houses, appliances, even guns. When can we expect our iDrums?

No Way Jose

Silver Member
I don't want iDrums. I want a good old fashioned acoustic drum kit. It's like my antidote for civilization.

dboomer

I don't see this happening, but why not? We have smart phones, cars, houses, appliances, even guns. When can we expect our iDrums?
Same as everything else. You’ll see it when manufacturer’s see a market for it at a price they can deliver it and be profitable.

For $10M I’ll build you one for next week 😁

larryace

"Uncle Larry"
I'm wondering how long it will be before my shoes are on Wifi. Sounds crazy right? Check back in 30 years.

MrInsanePolack

Platinum Member
I'm wondering how long it will be before my shoes are on Wifi. Sounds crazy right? Check back in 30 years.
And here they are!

The least someone could figure out is how to turn the stick impact into stored energy. Then we could charge our phones with our snare. That shoe charges itself each time you step. Hitting a head with a stick isn't much different.