Identifying Tama Starclassic kit/fixing star cast mount

askrere

Ok I'm using an iPhone and can't upload pics says they are too big? So any help there please?

My kits got metal badges that say "Starclassic" at the top and "handcrafted in Japan" on the bottom serial number in the middle no Tama name. It's got 16x22 bass, 11x12, 12x13, 16x16 toms and a satin champagne wrap color... Also has accu hoop plastic hoops.

Tama service seemed to think its a very uncommon early model maybe custom ordered. Can't figure out pics, but I'll post asap given a clue to get it going.

Anyways got it for $100 covered in what looks like the remnants of a dust bowl era storm.

The 13" star cast mount rubbed things are shorn in half? Can I buy those rubber/bolt bits? Also is there a Home Depot equivalent?

Thanks!

incrementalg

Gold Member
A $100????

To post pics I think you'll need to get to a computer. I've never been able to size my pics to post them using my phone.

askrere

A $100????

To post pics I think you'll need to get to a computer. I've never been able to size my pics to post them using my phone.
Saw an ad for $100 drum set, maybe Tama. I got there and was like whoaaa.

Guy said he preferred his pearl exports? So he literally left this to sit forgotten. But he'd bought it at a local drum shop, so surely new or used he paid for it.

It's dirty and grimy as hell, but came with a set of Amir II hats, and ride, Sabian b8 crash and a bunch of stands, and the export steel snare.

goodcat1337

Dang, you really can't beat $100 for a Starclassic no matter how old. I thought I got a great deal on mine and I paid $399.