Identifying Premier kit

Based on the lugs in the photo, I'd say you were on the right track. It certainly looks like a resonator setup. Premier drums still exists in the UK (according to their site) yet no one seems to be home to answer anything (I've tried, repeatedly).
Guitar Center seems to be the best place to find used Premier kits and they're relatively inexpensive.
Random Premier trivia: Did you know Ringo Starr was a Premier player and only switched to Ludwig because Premier didn't offer an oyster sparkle wrap and that's what he wanted?

Unless he removed the inner smooth shell layer, it is not a Resonator.

I read not so long ago that he confessed he wanted Ludwig simply cos it was American and everything cool at the time came from America.
From DRUM! magazine:
"I’m sure you know it was Ringo Starr and his pals who were most responsible for the explosion of guys wanting to buy drum sets, but you may not know that the main reason he part-exchanged his old mahogany-finish Premier ’54 (or was it a ’58?) set for a Ludwig kit in London’s Drum City, was because he preferred their oyster-striped finish. If Premier had offered something more exotic at the time, their future (and possibly Ludwig’s) would have been completely different. Fortunately for Premier, not everybody could afford an imported kit (or necessarily wanted one), so they survived the invasion of foreign drums reasonably intact."

From DRUM! magazine:
"I’m sure you know it was Ringo Starr and his pals who were most responsible for the explosion of guys wanting to buy drum sets, but you may not know that the main reason he part-exchanged his old mahogany-finish Premier ’54 (or was it a ’58?) set for a Ludwig kit in London’s Drum City, was because he preferred their oyster-striped finish. If Premier had offered something more exotic at the time, their future (and possibly Ludwig’s) would have been completely different. Fortunately for Premier, not everybody could afford an imported kit (or necessarily wanted one), so they survived the invasion of foreign drums reasonably intact."

Hopefully this thread gets a little attention. I am looking to purchase a used Premier kit and was wondering if anyone can tell/estimate the model based on the pic. I have Slingerland, Ludwig, and Ayotte, but never Premier. Any educated guesses by the Premier experts here based on the pic would be awesome. Thanks.Premier kit.jpg

Those look like Cabria (late 90’s).

Hopefully this thread gets a little attention. I am looking to purchase a used Premier kit and was wondering if anyone can tell/estimate the model based on the pic. I have Slingerland, Ludwig, and Ayotte, but never Premier. Any educated guesses by the Premier experts here based on the pic would be awesome. Thanks.

I think those are the asian made Cabria's..... they are decent drums.. 90's.. maybe early 2000s...... I wouldn't pay more than a few hundred .. considering what you can get brand new for $500 to $600 range.

Here is one here with both toms : https://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Premier/Cabria-Drum-Kit-116727461.gc

Found this set of 90s Premier XPK in beautiful Blue Sapphire Finnish Birch. I love the long diamond chrome high-tension lugs, deeper tom sizes with black painted interiors. They have a killer punchy sound that is perfect for hard rock!
💪😎🤘

Attachments

• IMG_20210712_135313319_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210712_135313319_HDR.jpg
    590.5 KB · Views: 11
Ok, I’ve done my due diligence and searched Status Quo’s audio catalog and wish to amend my previous comments er. . . somewhat. I HAVE heard of them and genuinely love ONE of their songs. Pictures of Matchstick Men. I used to have that on a playlist cassette tape of psychedelic music. Love that riff. Been stuck in my head since 1983 when I so enjoyed listening to the genre with my then girlfriend Maryjane.

My new theory is that they all went on an epic acid trip after that song, leaving them stuck in 1958 as a Chuck Berry cover band.

No lie, I’m buying that song on iTunes today.

Pete

Edit - and on the keyboard a young Elton John

I was today years old when I learned this isn't a Camper Van Beethoven song. :LOL:

Back