Identifying an old Zildjian cymbal

Charybdia

Hey guys, I recently acquired an old set of Zildjian cymbals. The problem is they have no identifying marks, the only thing I have to go by are its weight and the stamp.

Any suggestions? They are fairly heavy cymbals, designed for heavier stuff. I believe the line of text reads A.Zildjian&CO, Constantinople Cymbals. They are fairly old cymbals from what I know.

Attachments

rjvsmb

Hey guys, I recently acquired an old set of Zildjian cymbals. The problem is they have no identifying marks, the only thing I have to go by are its weight and the stamp.

Any suggestions? They are fairly heavy cymbals, designed for heavier stuff. I believe the line of text reads A.Zildjian&CO, Constantinople Cymbals. They are fairly old cymbals from what I know.
Why not shoot Zildjian an email? I couldn't hurt, and they just might know.

rjvsmb

Adam8

I used to always wonder about this stamp because I have a few from the 70's. The Very old american A's for Aram Zildjian Cie (I think) came first, then Avedis, then these Cie in the 70's and according to a Q&A column in Modern Drummer sometime in '08 (by someone from Zildjian) this stamp was used all the way up to the 90's on brilliant A's.

Charybdia

Thanks guys, I took it it to a music store found out they were A series from the 80s. Probably gonna sell it. Not a huge fan of the sound.