Ian Paice reacts to Yoyoka Soma Burn -- Deep Purple

Wow that was incredible. Purple is one of my favorite bands.

At first it seemed like Ian was bothered to watch some kid try to play one of his songs. He looked ready to be unimpressed. Love how that changed really quickly after about a minute.

Yoyoka is just a phenomenal drummer for such a young kid. What ever it is we are all searching for, she has for sure found it. I really hope she continues to grow as a drummer and has a long and prosperous career.

Wow, she is unbelievable! I’d rather listen to her version, in order to learn how to properly play Burn! I can hear her notes and fills better than the original. There is hope in the world, if young people are carrying the torch of good ol’ fashioned rock and roll.

I think it is clear that Yoyoka is on her way to becoming one of the world's top rock drummers, if she is not there already. I see her as a member of a top rock group that plays in packed stadiums around the world. In the future if you were to ask a typical rock fan who the top rock drummers are, her name will be included.

All I can say is I have to get in touch with my childish self?. Just kidding, but does the Moeller technique or any push-pull finger technique even figure into her playing or is it all the loose wrists of a child? It sure can’t be big muscles???! Think of the drum books she doesn’t need!

Sometimes no special technique is needed, just wrists following the way the sticks want to move anyway... I think that's what she's doing

There is no more rock. It died a long time ago. She covers rock but there ain't no original live rock anymore. No Ginger Baker's. No Led Zeppelin Bonham. No Stones Charlie Watts. No Who Keith Moon. That's all in the past.

Set your sites higher - how about one of greatest jazz percussionists? Jazz is still alive.

I think it is clear that Yoyoka is on her way to becoming one of the world's top rock drummers, if she is not there already. I see her as a member of a top rock group that plays in packed stadiums around the world. In the future if you were to ask a typical rock fan who the top rock drummers are, her name will be included.

Back