I want more groove like that!

Tower of Power.......Average White Band (AWB).............Paul Jackson & Mike Clarke are all over utube you can see videos of them sitting in a studio just shredding with each other, excellant stuff their putting down. If you'd like a funky groove on the backside of the beat some old Curtis Mayfield will do the job. Curtis was playing the mid tempo funk before anyone and he sung it too. He was a monster in the 50s with a doo woop sound then in the 60s he was a soul/funk groove man talking about how the goverment will take while your not looking. He was a master of American music and could play in any genre and invent a view too hahaha!!! Try "Superfly" theres tons of room in thoughs tunes to jam out on and then you realize that all the spaces is what makes the groove so nice.
Doc

Tower of Power.......Average White Band (AWB).............Paul Jackson & Mike Clarke are all over utube you can see videos of them sitting in a studio just shredding with each other, excellant stuff their putting down. If you'd like a funky groove on the backside of the beat some old Curtis Mayfield will do the job. Curtis was playing the mid tempo funk before anyone and he sung it too. He was a monster in the 50s with a doo woop sound then in the 60s he was a soul/funk groove man talking about how the goverment will take while your not looking. He was a master of American music and could play in any genre and invent a view too hahaha!!! Try "Superfly" theres tons of room in thoughs tunes to jam out on and then you realize that all the spaces is what makes the groove so nice.
Doc

Thank you so much Doc :)

I will check them out.

I bet you'd like the Stanton Moore CD's if you like that. You could also just browse the local record store in the "funk" section, as that link is pretty standard funk.

Give "Ball of Confusion" by the Temptations a listen. And Marvin gaye's "What's Going On" album. Classic 70s soul, funk is fun jamming.

Steve Ferrone...from AWB, Tom Petty, and his group Farm Fur. Great stuff.

Hi guys

Just to let you know, I'm enjoying EVERY posts, some better than others, of course, and some that I knew already, but please, posts some moore !!!!!

Do yourself a favour and pick up David Garibaldi's "Future Sounds" book. I got it a couple months ago and it has changed my drumming, plus it's fun to learn all the funk style grooves. The book will keep you busy for a long time, it's awesome!

I will check it out. ...I'm familiar with the "Breaking the code of funk" DVD by David Garibaldi...

Back