I sold my Exports and bought this kit...

dpk204

I just bought this kit from a Guitar Center in Massachusetts. I sold my Exports on ebay for 366 + 85 for shipping. I was looking at a BLX kit from the early 90's for 450 until I came upon this All Maple Session Custom for only 399. With tax + shipping it came out to $440. What do you think? I don't know where I would have gotten maple shells for this price. It's not the sexiest kit but it is a black lacquer (translucent black). But maple is maple. It only has a few nicks in the hoops and just a few bumps but nothing major. If I wanted a nicer blue or tobacco fade, the next session kit was $599.

I'd just like some feedback as to what you think about this trade. Did I definitely come out on top?

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

rogue_drummer

Gold Member
Sounds like you got a great deal. Exports are being sold off all over the place and there are an abundance of them. Looks like you def stepped in the right direction with Maple. Congrats!

Pocket-full-of-gold

Platinum Member
Even with my limited understanding of US prices, I can see that it was a great deal. If you managed to flog Exports and pick up a maple Session for less than 100 bucks, you're miles in front. In fact, Blind Freddy would be able to tell you, you came out on top mate.

Enjoy!!

dpk204

Thanks for the input guys. If anyone is still in doubt you can still see the set I bought for sale on guitarcenter.com Just type in session custom under the used section and the one that is 399 is the one I bought. I will put a pic up once I get it. Personally, I liked the marine blue fade but it was 599 so I couldn't justify spending 200 for just the color. But I have a feeling the set will look nicer in person.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Congrats on the deal.

But I'm under the impression you sold your entire Export kit for this one? That would indicate you sold your snare too? Or did these drums come with a matching BLX snare?
Did you keep your hardware or do you have to get new stuff?

For what you paid, those look like a great deal, unless you have to replace other things. I'm in this exact position. I managed to snag a Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elite kit for $1400, but I still need a snare drum for it and a way to mount the toms. So once it's all said and done, I would've spent closer to $2200. But the Bubinga is a strong influence!

dpk204

Thanks Bo,

Actually I only sold the 4 piece Export shell pack. I still kept all the hardware and snare. I guess that means it's an even better deal than I thought.

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Thanks Bo,

Actually I only sold the 4 piece Export shell pack. I still kept all the hardware and snare. I guess that means it's an even better deal than I thought.
Then the Gods were smiling on you for that one!