I Porked My First Pie Tonight

The only Pork Pie gear I have at present is a 13x6 steel snare drum but it's a keeper. Built like a tank, sounds great.

I would love to try out a shell pack one day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I was just looking at that same drum, they are $170 brand new on musician's friend right now with the coupon code.

On east coast
did they have an arrangement with Guitar Center at one time early on at least for the snares; seem to recall many PP snare got circulated East Coast (east of Mississippi at least ; ) that way- I know I had one offered in a trade to me for a cymbal- I almost took it

Am I the only one that's bothered by how much his throne moves around? I thought at times it was going to fall apart. Does Tim Alexander have back issues?
I don’t know if it’s the throne or someone not tightening it enough. It’s a Tama

did they have an arrangement with Guitar Center at one time early on at least for the snares; seem to recall many PP snare got circulated East Coast that way- I know I had one offered in a trade to me for a cymbal- I almost took it
I see Sweetwater has something too…just didn’t see then in DCP or some other shops. They are basically mainstream now.

The only Pork Pie gear I have at present is a 13x6 steel snare drum but it's a keeper. Built like a tank, sounds great.

I would love to try out a shell pack one day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I have a 7x14 Pork Pie maple snare in Porcaro Blue lacquer finish. It is a great snare. It can do anything. I also have the PP BOB (black on brass), the economy drummer's Black Beauty, and it is wonderfully crisp.

Just picked these 2 Pies up yesterday at a consignment shop each with a hard case in good condition. Both for $270 out the door. Couldn't say no to that.

One is a typical Little Squealer 7x13" with the vents but the other one is labeled as a "Gum Wood Snare" on the case.....and the outer ply certainly looks similar to a Tama Spotted Gum. So far I haven't been able to locate any similar Pork Pies for confirmation on really what it is but I can't wait to get it home and cleaned up a bit. 6"x14" made in 2014. I can try reaching out to PP with the serial number to see if they can tell me what it is exactly.....

IMG_4239.jpegIMG_4240.jpeg

Back