I Porked My First Pie Tonight

roncadillac

The only Pork Pie gear I have at present is a 13x6 steel snare drum but it's a keeper. Built like a tank, sounds great.

I would love to try out a shell pack one day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I was just looking at that same drum, they are $170 brand new on musician's friend right now with the coupon code.

s1212z

Silver Member
Am I the only one that's bothered by how much his throne moves around? I thought at times it was going to fall apart. Does Tim Alexander have back issues?
I don’t know if it’s the throne or someone not tightening it enough. It’s a Tama

s1212z

Silver Member
did they have an arrangement with Guitar Center at one time early on at least for the snares; seem to recall many PP snare got circulated East Coast that way- I know I had one offered in a trade to me for a cymbal- I almost took it
I see Sweetwater has something too…just didn’t see then in DCP or some other shops. They are basically mainstream now.

RobertM

Platinum Member
The only Pork Pie gear I have at present is a 13x6 steel snare drum but it's a keeper. Built like a tank, sounds great.

I would love to try out a shell pack one day. I've heard nothing but good things about them.
I have a 7x14 Pork Pie maple snare in Porcaro Blue lacquer finish. It is a great snare. It can do anything. I also have the PP BOB (black on brass), the economy drummer's Black Beauty, and it is wonderfully crisp.