I owe the IRS for 2018..

bearblastbeats

I owe the IRS somewhere in the ballpark of $6000 for the 2018 tax year.

I sent in a 1040-X.

I also tried to appeal.

They moved forward with the judgment that I owe.

What are my choices here?

bearblastbeats

Request an in person hearing where they show you. ( and your accountant ) what deductions are being questioned. And you give them proof of validity
I'm so tired of fighting for the past two years.

I might just bite the bullet.

Isn't there a thing where they don't come after you after ten years?

What’s the accountant say? Is there an accountant? I would make sure you have a solid case before going to a hearing. My accountant would be billing 3 grand for that hearing so….I’d probably pay the 6 and call it a day

Xstr8edgtnrdrmrX

Diamond Member
oooh...that reminds me I have to pay this years taxes....should probably do that this weekend

A J

I'm not privy to the details, but if you owe the money; pay it. Even if you PROBABLY owe the money; pay it.

The IRS is not an agency to be taken lightly. For the price of $6,000, they will change your life and will enjoy doing it.

A J

War story:

I took a high paying manager position with a very large company that even today I am reluctant to mention. They gave me a huge starting bonus. It was obscenely huge; far greater than I deserved. In the end, I didn't deserve it and left only after 5 months. Hated every moment with that company. Pure hell. Worse than my combat deployment to Iraq.

When the smoke cleared, I owed them about half my bonus. I could have fought it but the contract supported their position. They were right. I hated them with every fiber of my being, but I sent them a check.

To do otherwise would have been a losing fight; a fight that would have drained my resources and barely impacted their limitless funds.

Drumdame

Silver Member
I owe the IRS somewhere in the ballpark of $6000 for the 2018 tax year.

I sent in a 1040-X.

I also tried to appeal.

They moved forward with the judgment that I owe.

What are my choices here?
First of all, do you know for sure that you owe them or is it something there just saying? Because my late husband and I used to get tax bills that actually said that we owed them $17,000 and it was just escalating. And we knew that it was impossible but we didn't know how to get out of it. The IRS put a Levy on our bank account and we were freaking out.

So we just so happen to find an accountant that went to the same church as we did and told him the situation and he asked us to sign a paper to give him full control. He made one phone call in front of us and the Levy was off instantly. Then he asked my husband if he could show a few receipts from prior years and yes he had them and I know you will not believe the outcome... the IRS ended up having to write us 4 checks, we owed them nothing! You do need a good accountant.

Let me know if you want his name and number.

Drummer_D

Last edited:

TJK

As long as you give them some money each year against that amount, even a very small amount, they accept it and no further trouble comes of it- is my experience.
Yeah as long as you call them and set something up for a minimal amount until you can sort it out. Ignore them and you’ll really get fucked
I owed 2000 for city tax because my idiot job didn’t take out enough for 10 years and Lo and behold they finally caught up. I didn’t even realize I was delinquent mfers them all. I’m paying with Fukien interest mind you for the next 10 years
Love how the government hired 80000 new IRS agents too. 🖕🏻

Reactions: A J

Bozozoid

Platinum Member
GET THE BOOK Solving your IRS problems by Daniel J Pilla. There is a way to deal with this situation and will give you knowledge. Knowledge is power. Barnes and Noble. He's dealt with this area extensively..its what he does. He's dealt with these things congressionally and knows the IRS laws better than the IRS does. It's an easy read and you'll be awakened to your rights but you must KNOW them or you don't have them. Get...that...book.