I need a china...suggestions?

stabmasterarson

I play metal and I want a china for the left side of my kit. I have a paiste PST5 18" on my right, and I like it well enough... I was thinking about a wuhan, I don't have a lot of experience with cymbals so I'm looking for ideas....I was thinking a 17 or 18" one. I'll spend up to about 200$ for one, but the wuhans are tempting, I can get one under 100...I hear they break really easy though

harryconway

Platinum Member
Shop around, look for used deals. Wuhans ARE cheap, sound great, and break often. Paying $200 for a China is just absurd (at least in my area of the world). I have 2 china types, one was given to me, and the other I traded a 15x12 rack tom for. China's are the one cymbal where you don't have to spend big money to get big sound.

MrPowerRide

I play metal and I want a china for the left side of my kit. I have a paiste PST5 18" on my right, and I like it well enough... I was thinking about a wuhan, I don't have a lot of experience with cymbals so I'm looking for ideas....I was thinking a 17 or 18" one. I'll spend up to about 200$ for one, but the wuhans are tempting, I can get one under 100...I hear they break really easy though
a regular 2002 18" china is great for all kinds of rock. nice and trashy with good attack , or 18" sig heavy china, but those are more than $200

joshisaces

Gold Member
I suggest you get a stagg. Staggs generally sound better, last longer, and stagg actually offers quality control.

I have a 14" DH.

jwildman

I've had my wuhan for a good while and it still hasn't cracked. I would defintly recomend the wuhan chinas

Anchein Vouivra

Pioneer Member
Zildjian's Oriental trash china's are killing and durable. I've been martyrising mine for 7 years now and it's still breathing.

Pass.of.E.r.a.

Gold Member
Zildjian's Oriental trash china's are killing and durable. I've been martyrising mine for 7 years now and it's still breathing.
I'll second that, i have a 16" trash, and the bite it has is wicked

its my ideal china sound, but if you can, try and head out to a music store and try some out for yourself.

-Jonathan

zambizzi

Platinum Member
I have a 19" Sabian Paragon Chinese...it's loud, trashy, and very cutting. It's a damn fine cymbal!

IL DUCE

WUHAN---WUHAN---WUHAN the best most affordable China's on the market. Fact : Zildjian freely addmited that their China's are based on Wuhan's. If Zildjian is copying you your doing something right. Why pay $200 or more for a Zildjian when Wuhan's start at $20 ? As far as breaking easily I think alot of guys just hit too hard and China's like thin small splashes just aren't gonna take that abuse for long. You can't play a China like a heavy 18" crash. I think improving technique will slow down the breakage. However if your Wuhan's do break so what ? Go out and buy a new one. You can usually buy two or three before you equal the cost of a similar size Zildjian.

805Drummer

Gold Member
I suggest you get a stagg. Staggs generally sound better, last longer, and stagg actually offers quality control.

I have a 14" DH.
I second this! I was playing one at a friend's house, and it sounds very good! Extremely durable, and very good sounding.

In fact, I think I'm gonna get one.

zephead19

WUHAN! Sounds just like a china should and for your sizes it is under $50 bucks new. Wuhan is the best way to go!

joshisaces

Gold Member
I second this! I was playing one at a friend's house, and it sounds very good! Extremely durable, and very good sounding.

In fact, I think I'm gonna get one.
You should. I got mine for like 40 bucks, which is a little more expensive than wuhan, but it's worth it.

ashezzy

SABIAN

The 20" AAX Chinese is the best China I have heard.
Thats what i would get... But also check out the 20" HHX Chinese, Darker Tone but still cuts throught the mix.

MrPowerRide

SABIAN

The 20" AAX Chinese is the best China I have heard.
Thats what i would get... But also check out the 20" HHX Chinese, Darker Tone but still cuts throught the mix.
i have an 18" second best chinese i've heard from any company. i still like the paiste's better though

thechief7676

i play metal as well and have been using a 19" K Zildjian for 15 years on my right side. it has a very dark and mean sound. i just recently pick up a 17" K for my left side off ebay. check there if you don't want to shell out big bucks for any brand new cymbals.