I love home/handmade vintage logo heads for some reason

PorkPieGuy

Platinum Member
I have no idea why, but I love old handmade/homemade vintage logo heads on bass drums.

I think I like them because not only due to the artwork, but I know that every one of them has a story to tell. I like to try to imaging the story in behind them, whether it be a local punk band from the 70's or an old high school bass drum playing fight songs in the rain on a Friday night in the fall back in the 1950's or 60's.

I don't really care for vintage logo heads from big-name bands. I like the old homemade ones where some kid had to get out some paint, tape, or whatever to make it happen.

Just seeing if anyone else likes these sorts of things too.

ginny.jpghehejazz.jpgvintlogo.jpgvintlogo2.jpgvintlogo3.jpgvintlogo4.jpg

ineedaclutch

Platinum Member
I have always loved those, and like you I am not interested in the big names. I like the heads that the kid had to pull out tape and markers to go play at a skate park, because I remember doing that.

Lately I have been saving the stickers off of heads that come with kits I pick up. This one came off of the batter side of the kick that had the plastic bag for a reso head I posted about a few days ago.

Attachments

Mr Farkle

Those are fantastic. It’s fun to imagine the era, the audience and the band that was in front of some of those.

roncadillac

I have always loved those, and like you I am not interested in the big names. I like the heads that the kid had to pull out tape and markers to go play at a skate park, because I remember doing that.

Lately I have been saving the stickers off of heads that come with kits I pick up. This one came off of the batter side of the kick that had the plastic bag for a reso head I posted about a few days ago.
Haha, exactly! I've been playing in live original bands since I first started playing drums at about age 11 or 12 so I too have seen and gone through many taped up, sticker covered, spray painted reso heads. Reminds me of the good old days... When it was only about fun. I had a reso head along those lines that I used for all of highschool and just kept adding more and more stickers.